PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy ink samples UK?

top pen
December 28th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Just wondering as I'd quite like to try a few more inks out in the new year.

migo984
December 28th, 2016, 08:10 AM

Any inks in particular? I'd be happy to send you a few samples, if I've got any of the ones you're interested in :)

Chrissy
December 28th, 2016, 08:59 AM

The Writing Desk sells samples if you want inspiration as to what you fancy trying out. Otherwise please PM me if you're after something in particular.

View from the Loft
December 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Also happy to help by sending samples. PM anything you want to try in particular. I will caveat that Migo and Chrissie have way more inks than I do, but I have more than I can ever use.

rafapa
December 28th, 2016, 12:55 PM
You could try arlepo.com.

da vinci
December 28th, 2016, 03:06 PM
I believe pure pens also offers samples for sale.

top pen
December 31st, 2016, 09:01 AM

Any inks in particular? I'd be happy to send you a few samples, if I've got any of the ones you're interested in :)

Thank you for the kind offer I'm interested in trying a few more blue-blacks ones that I am hoping to buy samples of are CDA Magnetic blue, rohrer and klingner salix and pelikan edelstein tanzanite. I tend to prefer blue blacks on the more teal side. So if you can think of any suggestion of blue-blacks I should buy samples of I'd be be greateful for the suggestions.

View from the Loft
December 31st, 2016, 10:25 AM
Diamine Midnight is in that colour range if you have' already tried it. Happy to post a sample if you PM address.

top pen
January 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
Diamine Midnight is in that colour range if you have' already tried it. Happy to post a sample if you PM address.

Thanks for the kind offer, I've already tried Midnight.

Pterodactylus
January 3rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
.... I have more than I can ever use.

I think that's true for many of us. :rockon:

View from the Loft
January 5th, 2017, 05:49 AM

Thanks for the kind offer, I've already tried Midnight.

sorry, just spotted that you are also looking at trying the Edelstein Tanzanite. Let me know if you want a sample.

Chrissy
January 5th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I have more than I can ever use.
I guess I have more than 10 people in several lifetimes can use. :(

View from the Loft
January 5th, 2017, 11:51 PM
.... I have more than I can ever use.

I think that's true for many of us. :rockon:

I guess I have more than 10 people in several lifetimes can use. :(

It's shocking how addictive ink can be - but at least it's cheaper than buying pens, and far less harmful than many addictions.

Wear our inky fingers with pride, fellow addicts.

(I realise I am enabling others to venture further into this rabbit hole :) )

Chrissy
January 6th, 2017, 01:48 AM

Thank you for the kind offer I'm interested in trying a few more blue-blacks ones that I am hoping to buy samples of are CDA Magnetic blue, rohrer and klingner salix and pelikan edelstein tanzanite. I tend to prefer blue blacks on the more teal side. So if you can think of any suggestion of blue-blacks I should buy samples of I'd be be greateful for the suggestions.
Very sadly, I don't have any of those 3 inks. I would recommend that you make a habit of looking regularly on Amazon.UK to see if the C d'A Magnetic Blue is ever reduced, because very rarely one of them is. I bought Divine Pink and Electric Orange at very good prices that way.
I had a small sample of P.E. Tanzanite once, but I have none left and never bought a bottle. I don't use Blue-Black inks very much, as I'm not a great fan of them. :(
I had a sample of Diamine Twilight, when I reviewed it. That's a teal leaning Blue-Black. :)

top pen
January 6th, 2017, 02:51 AM

Very sadly, I don't have any of those 3 inks. I would recommend that you make a habit of looking regularly on Amazon.UK to see if the C d'A Magnetic Blue is ever reduced, because very rarely one of them is. I bought Divine Pink and Electric Orange at very good prices that way.
I had a small sample of P.E. Tanzanite once, but I have none left and never bought a bottle. I don't use Blue-Black inks very much, as I'm not a great fan of them. :(
I had a sample of Diamine Twilight, when I reviewed it. That's a teal leaning Blue-Black. :)

Thanks any how I will take on those suggestions.

I found this seller on ebay which sells ink samples at around goulet prices and offer UK free shipping and I've bought so far Pilot pilot iroshizuku tsuki-yo, pilot iroshizuku shin-kai I probably will try half a dozen more samples in the coming weeks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stationeryshop-scotland/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=