PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Arkansas Pen Show Report

Newton Pens
March 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Wow what a great show! I met lots of people and made lots of great contacts. I sold one pen and traded another. One of the guys from the pen club asked me if I was selling a lot, and I said no but I’ve made some REALLY great contacts and have met all sorts of wonderful people! He gave me this knowing grin, and said “That’s what it’s really all about.”

At the end of the day Sunday I entered at the LAST minute for one of the raffles. A pen that I had donated was up, a leather bag, and then the Taccia Savanna, the buffalo horn pen hand shaped to look like a piece of bamboo. Absolutely gorgeous. AND I WON!! I couldn’t believe it! So awesome! The whole place lit up with laughter and some applause and I was absolutely giddy! What made it even better was getting to pose with the head of Taccia herself!

And if you haven’t checked out some of their latest offerings you’re really missing out. She brought some of the most beautiful modern pens I think I’ve ever seen to the show. One of them had stingray skin around the cap, in the tradition of the Japanese knife and sword handles, and it was just stunning.

shawn taccia 1

Here are the rest of the shots from the show.
http://newtonpens.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/2013-arkansas-pen-show-back-home/

KrazyIvan
March 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Very cool. Congrats on your pen and thanks for sharing.

earthdawn
March 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Great photos !!!

Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Looks like another great show.

Mags
March 11th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Well done, it is exciting when we get to win something. Thanks for posting pictures. I often wonder how big and well attended these shows are.

Tracy Lee
March 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM
What a great report, yahoo for you and a great show! :-)

southpaw52
March 11th, 2013, 11:35 AM
My wife and I had a great time at the Arkansas Pen Show. I enjoyed the seminar Sam, from Pendemonium had on inks. It is a small show it is very friendly and a relaxed atmosphere. I picked a Wearever Pennant, it appears it has not been inked. We had a very good time.

mommalisa
March 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM
This was a great Show! lots of pen trading- Vanness sponsored a trunk Show for Henry Simpole on Thursday- followed by three days of pen fun. Shawn you did a superb job!

Newton Pens
March 11th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks! :)
And thanks for posting the extra pics! I always love seeing those - even though I was there! I was busy enough the whole time talking to everybody that I didn't have much time to look around like I wanted. I did pick up a little Diamond Point bulb filler though! :)