PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Dark Lilac ink factory fire?

sharmon202
January 2nd, 2017, 08:02 AM
A friend of mine told me Dark Lilac ink is not available because the factory had a fire and it would probably be back when they recover. Anyone else hear this or I'm just behind in the news?

earthdawn
January 2nd, 2017, 08:09 AM
WOW I did not hear that?

SquishyInk
January 2nd, 2017, 10:56 AM
Interesting!! And despite hoping that no one got hurt in said fire, I'm hoping that the ink does come back.

Will patiently wait for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyIvan
January 2nd, 2017, 01:48 PM
https://www.rt.com/news/363001-fire-chemical-factory-germany/

BASF produces chemicals for ink production.

FredRydr
January 2nd, 2017, 04:10 PM
Seems odd that only one color ink is impacted by a factory fire.

Fred

dapprman
January 2nd, 2017, 04:38 PM
Dark Lilac was a limited edition for last year so I strongly suspect they finished producing it mid last year. Now it is possible that other Lamy iks might be affected - it may be the actual dye or one of the components that's manufactured there.

grainweevil
January 3rd, 2017, 03:52 AM
Seems odd that only one color ink is impacted by a factory fire.

Fred

Possibly because Dark Lilac seems to attract a disproportionate amount of rumour, speculation, and wishful-thinking. Lamy Blue? Not so much. :D

ravkesef
January 3rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
As near as I'm able to discern, I acquired the last four packages of Lamy Dark Lilac cartridges about two months ago. I'm metering them out in my Dark Lilac pen. I, too, have heard that the color was a one-shot deal, but I'm hopeful that Lamy will decide to offer the cartridges and bottles once again,

stub
January 3rd, 2017, 09:45 PM
Tons of it over here. I personally hate purple but maybe I should score a bottle or two for trade bait.

KKay
January 8th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I hope they bring that color in their regular line up!