PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Clairefontaine Ivory Digital Copy Paper, 250 sheets, 120g/m^2

sb575
January 4th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Hi, to anyone in Europe, I am looking for Clairefontaine digital copy paper in ivory, not white, a ream of 250 sheets, or more if possible, in a weight of 120g/m^2. Somehow no one in the US stocks this, and the only kind I have seen at writers bloc or zellers is white color, not ivory, and not in the right weight. It is readily available in Europe from a number of retailers online. If anyone would be able to buy 2 reams of 250 sheets each, I could reimburse for the cost and shipping to the US, plus a few dollars on top for the trouble. I would really really appreciate this and sincerely ask for anyone's help!

Chrissy
January 5th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Is this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Presentation-Paper-100GSM-Clairefontaine-SHEETS/dp/B01GGALDL2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1483623828&sr=8-9&keywords=clairefontaine+ivory+paper) what you're looking for?

Oops no. I just noticed it's 100gsm and not 120gsm

Nomdeplume
January 5th, 2017, 10:45 AM
It was last year, but I found a full ream and a box of #10 envelopes to match of the Crane buff-color paper at Tuesday Morning.

sb575
January 5th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I dont understand what "crane buff color paper at Tuesday Morning" means lol.

Nomdeplume
January 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Crane= brand of FP-friendly paper.
Tuesday Morning is a chain of stores in U.S. that carries 'overstocks' or discontinued items that they buy in bulk from other stores.
buff-color is the ivory for the Crane brand.

Sorry for confusion...just thought you might try looking for alternatives, especially if you can't find the 'ideal' you were looking for.

Chrissy
January 5th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Where have you looked in Europe?

sb575
January 6th, 2017, 10:19 AM
i found them on amazon, but they only deliver within the UK..... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clairefontaine-Digital-Colour-Printing-FSC-Certified/dp/B00KR9H71Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483722936&sr=8-3&keywords=clairefontaine+dcp+ivory. The grammage is 160, but thats ok, its the closest I have found. Would anyone be willing to order one of those and have me reimburse them for the price and shipping to the US?

migo984
January 6th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Have you contacted Exaclair, US to see if they are able to help?

Chrissy
January 8th, 2017, 05:18 AM
i found them on amazon, but they only deliver within the UK..... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clairefontaine-Digital-Colour-Printing-FSC-Certified/dp/B00KR9H71Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483722936&sr=8-3&keywords=clairefontaine+dcp+ivory. The grammage is 160, but thats ok, its the closest I have found. Would anyone be willing to order one of those and have me reimburse them for the price and shipping to the US?

I have checked out this link on several UK web sites, and they call it 'card' not 'paper'. 160gsm is quite heavy, and it is more likely it would be thin card stock. Is that what you want? If you want it for writing, then I would recommend Clairefontaine Triomphe. Otherwise many 120gsm printing papers might produce similar printing effects.

The problem with shipping to the US from the UK is that as soon as it weighs over 2kg then Royal Mail won't ship it. So the price of shipping would be really expensive by ParcelForce or another courier service. :(

I weighed a 250 sheet pack of my 80gsm printer paper yesterday. It weighed 1300grams. So 250 sheets of 160gsm paper (or card) will definitely weigh more than 2kg. :(