PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Frankenpen W/ Hooded Vintage-Flex Nib

akafridi3
January 5th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I like hooded nibs. I also like vintage-flex nibs.

So I decided to to experiment and successfully made a hooded vintage-flex nib combo!

The body is Hero 565 with aerometric filling mechanism. It is like a thicker version of a Parker 51. And the cap and clip design is reminiscent of Sheaffer PFM. Unlike other chinese pens, this one feels robust and well-made. Cap and Body are both shiny, clean, no scratches, great condition.

I had spare vintage 14k flex nib and had slid it into the section and aligned it to the feed. I was surprised how nicely it worked out. The feed provides great flow and I don't experience any railroading.

The nib is soft and fun to write with, with good snapback. Easily flexible without too much pressure requirement. I would say it goes from f-BB. Reliable, consistent, smooth writer. See writing sample and pictures for more details.

Original steel tubular nib also shown in picture. I only have pictures of the 14k gold nib after it has been assembled into the hood. It will be hard for me to disassemble and then the additional work of aligning nib and feed takes time. How the nib and feed is aligned now is perfect. 14k nib came from a Lever Filler Pen: "Eagle Pencil Company USA" as shown in the pictures. (Lever filler pen currently has eversharp skyline nib) Sorry I don't have pictures of the 14k gold Eagle nib before assembly into the hood.

Aerometric filling mechanism works as it should. The sac has a slightly pinkish color from Iroshizuku Moiji ink. There is a metal tube that goes around the sac and allows one to squeeze the sac. Though personally I like to remove the metal tube (simply slides off) and use my fingers to squeeze the sac. Either way works.

Fully working, functional, creative pen with a hooded flex nib!

Small writing sample from my instagram account if it helps:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMZeNiHBLXa/?taken-by=asifkafridi3

Asking $85 shipped
PayPal, CONUS

Message me if interested

Thanks,
Asif

Wade
January 5th, 2017, 11:40 AM
With respect, may I suggest you focus your sale more on the nib and less on the pen? The Hero 565 can easily be had on eBay for less than $10, and while I'm sure as assembled it's a great writer, the value in your offering is the 14K flex nib, not the pen in which it's installed. If you could provide more information on the 14K nib, better yet include a picture of the nib before it was installed, you'll have an easier time garnering interest and getting an offer closer to your asking price.

All the best,
Wade

akafridi3
January 5th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the suggestion Wade. I've updated some more information on where nib came from. Hope that helps.