PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria Pens - Buffalo and Urushi

Manupropria
January 6th, 2017, 09:22 AM
This is a pen I made just for fun. The cap and barrel made from Indian water buffalo horn, the section ebonite with urushi lacquer. Horn is very difficult to work and the chance it cracks is high

Have a great weekend,

Martin

KrazyIvan
January 6th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure if it's reflections or is the unevenness of the black just an element of the horn? I mean that in the best way because it looks amazing!

RocketRyan
January 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM
What a beautiful and unique pen. Good work.

amk
January 6th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I love the surprise! surprise! red section in what looks as if it's going to be a very understated pen. A delightful reveal, like a twitch of Count Dracula's black cape revealing the red satin lining!

Spoonage
January 6th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Stunner

ethernautrix
January 6th, 2017, 03:11 PM
That is gorgeous. And now I'm realizing that I completely forgot to look for you at the Madrid Pen Show. I drove there in 41 hours (with 3 hours of sleep) and so had low brain activity on Friday... and then I plumb forgot (forgot to look for other things, too, even though I had a list -- GAH!).

Not sure I would be comfortable with a pen made of potentially fragile materials (I'm careful but not fastidious), but the look of that pen is amazing, and the nib section is gorgeous. Lovely.

cjl1775
January 6th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Just beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manupropria
January 7th, 2017, 01:49 AM
Thank you. The horn halways has some whitish streaks in it. The material is not homogeneous.

Manupropria
January 7th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Actually I couldn't make it to Madrid, unfortunately, because there was a sales exhibition at Ito-Ya, Ginza, Tokyo around the same time.
Horn is indeed a special material, difficult to stabilize, remains olily and reactive to temperature and humidity.