PDA

View Full Version : Diamene Sapphire Blue ink: safe for demonstrators?

matteob
January 7th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Hello this ink looks like a nice colour but is it one of the Diamene inks that are said to stain? To be homest I hear so many horror stories over inks and pens on forums that it is off puttiing!

If not can anyone recommend a safe, nice blue that has reasonable water resist properties: thanks :)

frmamede
January 7th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Great question! Just bought a 30ml bottle yesterday, and it would be good to know!

Enviado de meu XT1580 usando Tapatalk

Runnin_Ute
January 7th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I have used KWZI iron gall turquoise in my twsbi 580 with no staining. Never heard that this color stains.
Try a sample.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Chrissy
January 7th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Hello this ink looks like a nice colour but is it one of the Diamene inks that are said to stain? To be homest I hear so many horror stories over inks and pens on forums that it is off puttiing!

If not can anyone recommend a safe, nice blue that has reasonable water resist properties: thanks :)

I haven't known it to stain any of my pens

TSherbs
January 7th, 2017, 07:12 PM

Do you mean permanently stain, or just discolor temporarily? I have had many inks discolor demonstrators or converters, but upon a thorough cleaning with a flushing mixture, ALL of them cleaned to crystal clear. Even with Noodler's BSB.

Some less-saturated blues won't even discolor (Waterman Serenity is an example that comes to mind, but I find that color boring). Not sure what tone of blue you mean by "nice."

Mags
January 8th, 2017, 03:37 AM
It is safe from my pen experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk