PDA

View Full Version : Newton, Franklin-Christoph, Scriptorium, Visconti

PennySycamore
January 7th, 2017, 01:15 PM
LAST PRICE DROPS BEFORE TAKING THE PENS OVER TO EBAY -

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/0ceee138b890bd4763957aff12a18a9a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/fcf5d48697ab13b85b3b296669a45251.jpg

I am whittling down my collection and these are some great pens that I love but I just do not use. I can no longer stand to see them sitting in the box.

Visconti Rembrandt Special Ops with Fine steel nib - comes with box, converter - SOLD

Scriptorium Idyll in Brooks Koi resin with Fine Steel nib - comes with converter -SOLD

Scriptorium Idyll in Sea Lava Lamp (I've always thought it looked like outer space), Medium Steel nib -SOLD

Newton Pens - Moody - the Blue Acrylic is really stunning, pictures do not capture it - solid sterling silver section (hand carved by Shawn) with steel Fine Cursive Italic - $195

Franklin-Christoph 45 in Antique Glass with steel Medium SIG nib - Comes with leather pouch - SOLD.

The inside of the cap has marks from being posted. This is a common occurrence with this antique glass material and with the 45s in particular, but it does not affect the structure of the cap in any way.

Newton Pens Shinobi in gray with neon section, steel Fine nib - $225

Carolina Pen Company's Pocket pen, The Asheville in a really stunning "Beach Walk Swirl", with Steel medium nib with a bit of flex. SOLD
All pens will we shipped free with Priority shipping. Since most of these pens do not have boxes I will be shipping them in Monteverde or Conklin boxes that I have laying around.

CONUS only. PayPal only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

penultress
January 7th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Pm sent re Carolina pocket pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

PennySycamore
January 7th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Carolina Pen on Hold pending payment.

mcmck
January 7th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Pm sent

heymatthew
January 7th, 2017, 07:19 PM
I was the original owner of the blue Newton and I can attest that it is truly stunning in person. Probably one of the nicest materials I've ever seen. And Shawn did an outstanding job on the nib.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Empty_of_Clouds
January 8th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I might have been tempted by the Brooks Idyll if it hadn't been so close in price to a brand new one... and CONUS only (again).

earthdawn
January 8th, 2017, 02:04 AM
I might have been tempted by the Brooks Idyll if it hadn't been so close in price to a brand new one... and CONUS only (again).

They hold there value well.

I bought my Balladeer used and paid exactly what it was brand new. I only saved on the wait time and shipping cost.

You could order a one of a kind from Renee as she ships international.... though $40-$60 for the shipping she does do it.

Empty_of_Clouds
January 8th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I have a Balladeer myself, though it is currently back with Renee for modification. I didn't pay anywhere near that much shipping either. Mind you, after factoring in the original cost, the cost of me sending it back for modification, the modification itself and the return shipping... well, I will have essentially paid $400 for a $225 pen. From a practical perspective this means I cannot really afford to commission the other pen that I had a design on. The price of making mistakes in the pen community is very, very high for people like me.

PennySycamore
January 8th, 2017, 03:44 AM

I do feel bad about the CONUS only, however, I have had a couple of disastrous overseas sales that have cost me hundreds. I do understand that it does limit my selling pool, but I am able to have more control in making sure it gets there by sticking to CONUS only. On my end, the hassle is not worth it. I am always happy to send it to a proxy in the US.

Empty_of_Clouds
January 8th, 2017, 05:50 PM

I do feel bad about the CONUS only, however, I have had a couple of disastrous overseas sales that have cost me hundreds. I do understand that it does limit my selling pool, but I am able to have more control in making sure it gets there by sticking to CONUS only. On my end, the hassle is not worth it. I am always happy to send it to a proxy in the US.

Even though shipping to me would be numbered and tracked?

heymatthew
January 8th, 2017, 06:01 PM

Little known fact: USPS insurance is only within CONUS. Even on international packages, once it leaves US borders, the USPS washes its hands of it.

I know because Canada post lost a camera lens on the CA side of the border and when I filed the $300 claim with usps, they declined it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PennySycamore
January 8th, 2017, 07:14 PM

Little known fact: USPS insurance is only within CONUS. Even on international packages, once it leaves US borders, the USPS washes its hands of it.

I know because Canada post lost a camera lens on the CA side of the border and when I filed the $300 claim with usps, they declined it.

This is also what happened to me with a Pilot Custom 823 to India.

Empty_of_Clouds
January 8th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Pity. I can't speak to the postal services in India, but here in New Zealand we have a first rate postal system.

jessiew
January 8th, 2017, 10:20 PM
PM sent on the Idyll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empty_of_Clouds
January 8th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Well, I would have been all over it myself, but that moment has clearly passed. Enjoy your new pen, Jessiew. Scriptorium make a really good one!

PennySycamore
January 11th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Updated with Price Drops

PennySycamore
January 13th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Last round of price drops.

Liston
January 13th, 2017, 09:31 AM
PM sent.

PennySycamore
January 14th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Franklin-Christoph 45 has been sold.

Empty_of_Clouds
January 14th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Will the restriction on CONUS apply to the eBay sales too? If it doesn't then I am going to be royally pissed about that Idyll.

Lloyd
January 14th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Does either Newton have a clip?

PennySycamore
January 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Does either Newton have a clip?
Shinobi's are always clipless. This Moody is also clipless.

PennySycamore
January 14th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Will the restriction on CONUS apply to the eBay sales too? If it doesn't then I am going to be royally pissed about that Idyll.

A) That doesn't make sense since the Idyll sold CONUS and wouldn't be going to eBay.
B) I don't ship international. Period. That is for any sales platform.
C) Get yourself a Proxy.

heymatthew
January 15th, 2017, 04:12 AM

Give it a freakin rest man. He said no international shipping. Why are you still here!?

heymatthew
January 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I'm actually super interested in the Shinobi... lemme see if I can free up some cash.

Bold2013
January 15th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Heymatthew you should buy it should I can stop being tempted...

heymatthew
January 15th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Heymatthew you should buy it should I can stop being tempted...

Why don't you!? [emoji12]

Bold2013
January 15th, 2017, 03:32 PM
If that fine CI found its way to the shinobi I might just

xtyc
June 4th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Is the blue Newton still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PennySycamore
June 4th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Is the blue Newton still available?