PDA

View Full Version : Subscription Boxes

PenPal
January 8th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was looking for a subscription box that caters to pen enthusiasts for a fun way to experience new fountain pens and related products but I have been hard pressed to find any that seem cost effective or like they are worth it. Are there any pen/stationary/ink subscription boxes you receive or would recommend? I was able to locate http://www.ipenstore.com/ipenbox/ but was wondering if there were any others out there that people enjoy or could offer insight on. Thanks!

ms8109
January 8th, 2017, 08:07 PM
i have some, they are plain white, with with a white soft material inside to protect the writing instruments. i forget what i paid, but i believe it was .85 cents a piece here in Albuquerque , New Mexico. if you want their address just let me know & I'll drive by the place & get a card & quote...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Regards,
Mike

Jon Szanto
January 8th, 2017, 08:21 PM
i have some, they are plain white, with with a white soft material inside to protect the writing instruments. i forget what i paid, but i believe it was .85 cents a piece here in Albuquerque , New Mexico. if you want their address just let me know & I'll drive by the place & get a card & quote...

Wrong box, Mike. The OP is looking for a service that a person can subscribe to where, for a monthly fee, you get a selection of new products to try out. See the link in the OP post.

KrazyIvan
January 8th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Rad & Hungry has a subscription box. I don't subscribe but have purchased individual items before. They tend to be more school supply centric but the uniqueness is that they travel to different countries to obtain what would usually only be available to the locals. I've only ever seen one fountain pen in there offerings. Most tend to include some sort of notebook, a pen, usually ballpoint and pencil. Maybe a ruler or eraser too. They have add on packs with other items. Seems a bit pricey to me but you can see what you're getting before you pay.

Lady Onogaro
January 8th, 2017, 10:36 PM
I've gotten about three of the iPenstore boxes. The last one was a bit disappointing, but I still found most of the items useful. I really liked the other three I got.

Monkey
January 9th, 2017, 07:44 AM
I've looked at all the ones I could find a few mos back, and none of them looked worth the cost. There's not much, if any, savings (no matter what they try to claim), and you're getting random items that who knows if you like or will ever use. Not at all worth it to me, which makes me sad because the idea is a lot of fun.