PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Nakaya Nakai-ai Writer in Ao-Tamenuri w/ Rhodium Broad Mottishaw Smooth CI Nib

mcmck
January 10th, 2017, 08:46 AM
I'm selling a near mint condition Nakaya Nakai-ai Writer with a rhodium plated clip and rhodium plated broad nib that was customized by John Mottishaw into a smooth cursive italic. This pen was lightly used and ships with original box and kimono, as well as a box of platinum cartridges. This finish has been discontinued by Nakaya, so here's your chance to score an excellent pen! Pictures will be posted later this afternoon, including a writing sample. Asking $680, priority shipping included. CONUS and PayPal only. I will ship only to a verified and confirmed paypal shipping address. Thanks! Pictures are posted below. The blue-green shows a lot better in person on this one. The ao finish is notoriously difficult to photograph.

Wile E Coyote
January 10th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Photos?

mcmck
January 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
photos will come later this afternoon. Sorry. I'm at work and the pen is at home. Still, I wanted to alert the folks that an Ao is coming to the market--something that very rarely happens. Thanks!

mcmck
January 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Up for sale for a limited time.

mcmck
January 11th, 2017, 12:35 PM
new pictures that are better up top in the description. Thanks!

stewpot
January 11th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Any hope of being persuaded to ship to England? No worries if it's too much hassle for you!

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

mcmck
January 11th, 2017, 02:03 PM
PM sent

mtnbiker62
January 11th, 2017, 02:50 PM
It's gorgeous...I'm just sad that it came up after Christmas. My discretionary funds balance is pretty low...:(

SquishyInk
January 11th, 2017, 05:07 PM
This is absolutely stunning [emoji7] is it sold yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curtisvan
January 11th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Forgive my intrusion but if you've never had a Nakaya, it's worth the price imho. This particular discontinued color is beautiful and no matter what anyone says the Nibs are way ahead of platinum nibs. And the customization by Mr Mottishaw makes it a great deal.

mcmck
January 11th, 2017, 07:14 PM
This pen is still available! PM for interest!

JLS1
January 12th, 2017, 12:18 PM
What a beautiful pen! It looks like the Ao is more blue than green (which was a complaint with some of the other Ao's I've seen) - is that the case?

mcmck
January 12th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Sold! My thanks to you all for looking!