PDA

View Full Version : Nice little video

TonyJones
March 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I didn't go, but the local brick and mortar shop to me, Write Here (http://www.writeherekitenow.co.uk/) in Shrewsbury, had a pen evening on the 8th and made a little video of the evening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f5ZvazcBZhg

Bogon07
March 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Isn't that illegal to to have free wine in a pen shop. Mrs Bogon says they are taking advantage of people's vulnerabilities.
Looks great.
I just hope the nib grinder didn't have too much wine before starting work.

KrazyIvan
March 16th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Saw all the pens then saw the digital audio recorder in the guys hand at 1:52. :p

snedwos
March 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Why on Earth would it be illegal? Also, after opening hours, it's pretty much a private meeting, right?

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Why on Earth would it be illegal? Also, after opening hours, it's pretty much a private meeting, right?
In Australia we have so many laws to protect people from doing stupid things that it probably would be.
The ply them with booze and tempt them to part with their money sort of thing. The whole gambling industry here works on that principal.

peterpen53
March 18th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I didn't go, but the local brick and mortar shop to me, Write Here (http://www.writeherekitenow.co.uk/) in Shrewsbury, had a pen evening on the 8th and made a little video of the evening:

Looks like a nice store with a good selection of brands (you can hardly do wrong in my book if you carry Omas). Where would the nearest store of equal quality be or is Shrewsbury itself a large enough market to support this store?

In Australia we have so many laws to protect people from doing stupid things that it probably would be.
The ply them with booze and tempt them to part with their money sort of thing. The whole gambling industry here works on that principal.

This begs the question whether Australians in particular need to be protected from doing stupid things, do they?

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 03:26 PM
This begs the question whether Australians in particular need to be protected from doing stupid things, do they?
I think it is a world wide trend.

snedwos
March 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Let's throw a cat amongst the proverbial pigeons. Britain in particular has an alcohol problem that we latins don't. The tendency of the English to drink themselves sick has been documented since the Middle Ages.

TonyJones
March 25th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Peterpen, it's a very nice shop. Not sure where the other nearest shop would be, I'm guessing maybe Birmingham?

As for the whole wine thing... There are many many wine shops in the area, and I'm just guessing it was a favours thing. I don't really associate pen owners with the binge drinking type, it's just something to make the event a bit more special I guess.

Sent from a handheld thingy-majig with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2

TonyJones
March 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM
There is a culture of excessive drinking in Britain, which is a shame, but it's more of a notoriety than the general rule.

Sent from a handheld thingy-majig with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2