PDA

View Full Version : New Kid from South Carolina

heymatthew
March 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hello all,
I'm already a member over at FPN and thought that I should make my presence known here as well. You can't have too much involvement in the fountain pen world, after all. Especially since I'm sort of new to fountain pens.

I live in Sumter, South Carolina with my super-cool wife and our rad little pug, Jack. I'm warning you fair and square that I have been known to slip a pug picture in where they don't belong, so don't be surprised if you look at one of my posts expecting one thing and discover you're looking at what might be the cutest animal on four legs. Just sayin'. :D

I like fountain pens (duh) as well as lots of Japanese stationery products (Hi-Tec-C, UniBall Signo DX, etc.). Additionally, I'm a fan of photography and graphic design. I dabble in both and trade them for greenbacks when I can. I work for a big independent publishing house as an Outsourced Designer. I love what I do. My wife and I tag-team wedding photography gigs and I pick up the occasional architectural or food shoot here and there. I love photography and I'm a nerd for camera gear. I'm a techie and I like the latest and greatest. I collect small 35mm point and shoot cameras and like to use them pretty regularly. I like being out at the family farm shooting and four-wheeling. I'm a sucker for a good pair of shoes or boots and I love messenger bags and carry one daily. Yes, I carry a man purse. Whatever.

I love the Lord and try to be an example for others. It's a daily struggle, but I give it my best.

I'm a doodler (have been since I was a kid). My handwriting fluctuates with the pen I'm using. My apologies in advance for any handwritten reviews I post on these boards. They ain't pretty.

I think that's about it... Drop me a line if you have any questions or if you want to chat. I'm always down for making new friends. :D

fountainpenkid
March 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Welcome!

Trixie.in.Dixie
March 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hey Matthew, it's great to see a fellow southerner and a photog as well! I've sent you an invite to my G+ Community for Southern Photographers. Hope you'll join us!

caribbean_skye
March 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Welcome welcome.

I know exactly where you live and I've even stayed there (when I lived in Savannah). Glad to see there's a fellow photog around who likes 35mm cameras.

KrazyIvan
March 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the board.

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Hi HeyMathew and welcome to the FPG forum. The HiTec-C and the Signo DX are great pens and also come in some fantastic colours. The HiTec-C has a range of 5-6 Japanese colours that look like they've stepped out of the Iroshizuku range with names to match.

I'm always worried that Pug's eyes will pop out of their sockets. There is a couple I see most morning's on the way to work walking their five pugs and a giant Schnauzer in the park.

writingrav
March 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Welcome to Geekland. If you'd like to be contacted via snail mail post your address in the Incowrimo thread. Always looking for new victims-- I mean correspondents:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

heymatthew
March 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hi guys!
Thanks so much for the AWESOME welcome! :D Definitely looking forward to hanging out with you guys around here.

@Trixie.in.Dixie: Thanks for the invite. I'll definitely join you guys!
@caribbean_skye: Give a shout if you're ever back this way. I'll treat you to lunch.
@Bogon07: Our pug's eyes don't protrude as much as some, but we did have a close call once... He's rather mischievous so we keep a pretty close watch on him to make sure he doesn't get into stuff.
@writingrav: I'd love to be on the list. I'll head over and do that. :D

southpaw52
March 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Greetings and welcome to Geekdom.

TheRoXFiles
March 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hello from Chicago! Welcome to the forum. :)

Tracy Lee
March 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hey, Matthew! Realized I have not said hello and welcome, so, HELLO AND WELCOME! :-) Glad to have you. I am a cat person, but bring it on with the Pug. Love cute dogs, too!

Toffer
March 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hey hey Matthew! Welcome from the UK.

heymatthew
April 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the continued warm welcome! :)