PDA

View Full Version : Filcao, where are you hiding?

Snow
January 17th, 2017, 03:31 AM
Hi all!

Much to our chagrin, my husband and I had our home broken into recently and among the items taken was my fountain pen collection. Obviously not everything will be replaceable like the Sheaffer snorkel my great grandfather gave me, but, of the ones I can replace, there is one that completely eludes me. ...A Filcao Kika micro in the blue gift box with the ink sealed in wax. ... or ANY Kika micro for that matter.:cry:

I can't find them anywhere online or in person. I know Filcao is no longer in business, but I was hoping someone out there would have an idea of where to look. I am interested in predominantly in the red or blue because those are the ones I had, but I will take almost any color except yellow.

The one in the blue box is an exact match to the sets I had. The ink matched the pen in both sets, and I would prefer the sets with the wax sealed ink, but I will consider the red box set, or just the individual pens and inks if anyone knows where to find them, or is willing to part with them.

Thank you all so much!,
Snow

Jon Szanto
January 17th, 2017, 09:46 AM
That is going to be a very, very tough find. I am going to send a link to this thread to a friend who might be able to shed some light, but at the moment I can only wish you luck.

Robert
January 17th, 2017, 04:48 PM
FPG member Giovanni Abrate is associated with a group that acquired a good number of NOS Filcao pens last year. Some were sold on this forum (I bought one). Perhaps it might be worthwhile to send him a PM. Just a thought . . .

Snow
January 17th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Thank you both very much! :)