PDA

View Full Version : Inventory

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
My Inkventory is a pocket Clairefontaine Notebook that I'm supposed to keep track of when I load fill a pen with ink.
At the moment all the Inkventory inks are sitting on a shelf in the kitchen wall unit. These are lined two deep.
Those without boxes (unlike Goulets, many retailers here sell you ink at full price without the box) are in an M&Ms tin.

Hopefully this space limitation will curtail more purchases until some bottles are empty.
This hasn't happened so far but that is the basic idea.
With all this InCoWriMo activity I'm thinking that everything pens, inks, stationery and letters should all be stacked neatly somewhere.

caribbean_skye
March 18th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Love the m&m tins. My trick for using the inkventory list (similar idea but different notebook) is to see what the ink looks like before writing a letter with it. So the first thing I do after loading a pen with ink is to write down the brand and ink name followed by the pen it is loaded into.

southpaw52
March 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Ken, very innovative using the M&M. I have 7 plastic storage cabinet. The top two drawers are for ink, draw 3 for paper, draw for 4 address labels stamps etc.
When I fill a pen I write it on a 3x5 index, the date the ink brand, the pen, I also include a swab of the ink too.

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Love the m&m tins. My trick for using the inkventory list (similar idea but different notebook) is to see what the ink looks like before writing a letter with it. So the first thing I do after loading a pen with ink is to write down the brand and ink name followed by the pen it is loaded into.

While the notebook has purchase details of the inks and a liitle square of colour its main use is to keep track of what ink I've put into what pens and when so I've an idea if the pen need cleaning or I can just refill. Of course this system relies on diligent recording so it is a worry when I use a pen and the ink colour looks suspciously different from the notation.

I did purchase the M&M tin with the idea of storing the boxless bottles as it is quite solid and also protects them from light plus there was a small bags of M&Ms in it.

woosang
April 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Your tin is a great idea I use the XPT cardboard trays to store mine, but I need a shelf cleared to store them :-/ ATM they are on the table

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
How did I miss this? Bogon, that tin is cool. Your ink inventory is much more extensive than mine!

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM
that tin is cool.
KI, was that an intentional pun ?
The M&M tin is in the shape of a refrigerator.
Should have bought the other yellow one as well. It is good to be able to carry around a dozen inks with out worring about the bottom falling out of a cardboard box.

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
It must have been some sort of subliminal thing. :D