PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pen Company Closed

gbryal
January 22nd, 2017, 01:59 AM
I just checked in at http://www.paradisepen.com/ to see what was new. I found the store is closing. The Austin, TX store had some very nice people working there, including the very kind Joe Lowe, and I wish them the best. AFAIK, that leaves Austin with one store that sells fountain pens (Paper Place), not counting the the office max/staples selection. I believe PPC was a chain with stores nationwide, and of course also had an online store.

From their website:

It is with great sadness that we must tell you that Paradise Pen is closing it's doors effective immediately. It has been an absolute pleasure serving the pen community for the past 15 years and we can not say thank you enough to all of our loyal customers, employees and vendors for their years of support and friendship. It's time to start writing the next chapter...

Best Regards,
The Paradise Pen Family

migo984
January 22nd, 2017, 02:33 AM
There's a thread about it over on FPN http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317341-looks-like-paradise-pen-is-done/

Always sad when a seller ceases trading.

jar
January 22nd, 2017, 03:37 AM
So many really great stores are going that way.

Vespagirl
January 22nd, 2017, 07:51 AM
The one in San Antonio is already closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailor Kenshin
January 22nd, 2017, 08:25 AM
Anyone remember Peartree Pens? I used to get my ink samples there. And now isellpens is gone too. :(

jar
January 22nd, 2017, 08:42 AM
Anyone remember Peartree Pens? I used to get my ink samples there. And now isellpens is gone too. :(

Among all the others that are now gone.

KrazyIvan
January 23rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
Steve Halper of Halper's Pens in El Paso closed his doors 12/31/16.

Mister5
January 24th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Yeah it looks like they're all going to (or have already?) closed from what I heard on the Anderson Pens Podcast, and they said that was a big subject of discussion at the Philly Pen Show. Sad to see them go, I only just found out they were in Short Hills when I wandered the mall; they were extremely helpful folks.

Scooby921
January 24th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Local Paradise Pen closed up a couple weeks ago.

FredRydr
January 24th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Where's all that inventory going?

Fred

Scooby921
January 26th, 2017, 07:20 AM
I know the local store was running a 30% or 50% off sale to get rid of inks, notepads, and cheap pens. I think the high end pens were excluded from the sale. I have a feeling that those pens will get sold to another vendor / dealer.

blopplop
January 28th, 2017, 07:27 PM
I hate seeing pen stores closing. I understand why, just don't like to see it.

I miss Swisher Pens. :(

blopplop
January 28th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Peartree was another I frequented. :(

PaperPlaceAustin
April 12th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Hi~
Thanks Gbryal for letting people know about Paper Place in Austin. We are locally owned & have been in business since 1979. We hope y'all will stop by to see what we have, & let us know what you're looking for. We can special order most anything!

gbryal
April 12th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Hi~
Thanks Gbryal for letting people know about Paper Place in Austin. We are locally owned & have been in business since 1979. We hope y'all will stop by to see what we have, & let us know what you're looking for. We can special order most anything!

Welcome to FPGeeks.

jar
April 12th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Hi~

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

chuck f
May 10th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Where's all that inventory going?

Fred

I just bought a Sheaffer Ferrari FP/BP Keychain set for a steep discount at the A. T. Cross company store in Providence (I first saw that pen set for sale in the Paradise Pen catalogue). Maybe they were able to pick up some of their stock, as they now have a lot of new Sheaffer stuff.