PDA

View Full Version : Color stationery PIF?

Dreck
January 23rd, 2017, 07:36 AM
I've not searched through the old threads, but I'm wondering how many here use colored stationery. My pen pals all write on white; generally the "fancier," slick FP-friendly ones, or upon regular copier paper. I use a 24# off-white, but before I got to this point I tried ivory, grey, and even a blue.
Blue paper is a bad idea when you write in blue-black iron gall :)

My point is that I have about 50 sheets of blue, and probably a bit over 200 sheets of ivory. Both are 8.5 x 11" 24# bond. If anyone is interested in either, I'll be happy to do a PIF.

Chrissy
January 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
I've used blue stationery when staying in a Naples FL hotel, but I much prefer to use ivory rather than white or blue. I'm not sure I know what 24# bond is, does it have a textured surface?

Dreck
January 23rd, 2017, 08:37 AM
I've used blue stationery when staying in a Naples FL hotel, but I much prefer to use ivory rather than white or blue. I'm not sure I know what 24# bond is, does it have a textured surface?

It's the same as 90gsm. The ivory is made to look as if it has a laid finish, but neither of the papers are textured

Chrissy
January 23rd, 2017, 08:54 AM
Thank you. :) If you decided to do a PIF I would love to try some of your ivory paper. I live in the UK, but if your PIF happened to be CONUS only, I could provide a US address. :)

BayesianPrior
January 23rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
My experience with blue stationery is limited to airmail paper (remember that?)

I'd like to try a few sheets if you're willing to post to the UK. Thank you!