PDA

View Full Version : My inks

JustDaveyB
March 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I laid out my inks on my desk to take photos for a couple of fellow FP bloggers. I thought I would share. :)

3 different angles - 163 inks...

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks1_20130320_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks3_20130320_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks2_20130320_tn.jpg

Bogon07
March 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Absolutely wonderful.
You've achieved FPG nirvana after a long process of committed application to the path of inkification.

You can never have too much ink but I think you are very near the event horizon.

Thanks for posting your collection.

ThriveToScribe
March 20th, 2013, 03:25 AM
In a word: WOW!!!!!!! (and look at all those Iroshizuki inks...) Which Noodlers "flavors" do you have?

Tracy Lee
March 20th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Holy crap - oops, can I say that here??? ;)That is more ink than Bertram's had on display!!! I am speechless, makes me want to throw a hand towel over my 6 bottles and casually whistle a little tune. . . . :eek:

picautomaton
March 20th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Very nice, well collected.

One lonely pen at the top of your desk!

writingrav
March 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Wow! And I thought I had a lot of ink. I'd better get to work!:)

JustDaveyB
March 20th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Very nice, well collected.

One lonely pen at the top of your desk!

Yes not even a fountain pen - just a Waterman Preface Roller Ball I got in a set while chasing the FP.

JustDaveyB
March 20th, 2013, 07:19 AM
In a word: WOW!!!!!!! (and look at all those Iroshizuki inks...) Which Noodlers "flavors" do you have?
I have all the iroshizuku ink (though 6 as 20ml mini bottles)

Noodler's:

#41 Brown
5 O'Clock Shadow
54th Massachusetts
Air-Corp Blue-Black
American Eel Blue
Antietam
Bad Belted Kingfisher
Bad Blue Heron
Bad Green Gator
Baystate Blue
Beaver
Benevolent Badger Blue
Bernanke Black
Black Swan in Australian Roses
Black Swan in English Roses
Borealis Black
Brooklyn Brawn
Burma Road Brown
Catalpa
Coral Sea
Dark Matter
Dragon's Napalm
El Lawrence
Ellis Island Blue-Black
Fox Red
Henry Hudson Blue
Hunter Green
Kiowa Pecan
La Couleur Royale
La Reine Mauve
Lexington Grey
Liberty's Elysium
Luxury Blue
Manhattan Blue
Midnight Blue
Navy
Old Dutch Colony Sepia
Old Manhattan Blackest Black
Ottoman Azure
Periwinkle
Pinstripe Homage
Polar Brown
Purple Martin
Q'Ternity
Qin Shi Huang
Red Black
Rome Burning
Saguaro Wine
Squeteague
Subway Series Sepia
The Blue Nose Bear
The Heart of Darkness
The Purple Heart
The Violet Vote
Upper Ganges Blue
Walnut
Widowmaker
X-Feather
Zhivago

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Yeah, you've got it bad. Just a little. :crazy_pilot:

southpaw52
March 20th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Great looking collection of inks. One can never have enough color is one's life.

Trixie.in.Dixie
March 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Wowsers! :shocked: I am a noob with only 10 colors of Noodler's so far... I have a long way to go to get to the truly fanatical level!

caribbean_skye
March 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Oh my nirvana. We need to head to your house to do ink sampling I guess. *daydreams*

Do you have more of one colour family than another, just wondering. I can see why you need to track which pen/ink combo to try next, its all starting to make sense.

*bows down low to JustDaveyB*

JustDaveyB
March 20th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Oh my nirvana. We need to head to your house to do ink sampling I guess. *daydreams*

Do you have more of one colour family than another, just wondering. I can see why you need to track which pen/ink combo to try next, its all starting to make sense.

To be honest I have never arranged them by colour. I would think shades of blue would win though.

JustDaveyB
March 20th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Wowsers! :shocked: I am a noob with only 10 colors of Noodler's so far... I have a long way to go to get to the truly fanatical level!

Noodler's inks for me is as much about their label art than the inks inside. I have been tempted to order a large bottle of Noodler's just so I have the label art in a large size. I wish Noodler's would sell them labels as prints I would love to have some of 3 side wrap ones as wall art.

wayne.robinson
March 21st, 2013, 02:42 AM
The Goulet Pen Company had some prints. You should email Rachel.

Eclectica
March 21st, 2013, 06:33 AM
Wow - respect dude!

I just bought another 6 giving a total of 21. Glad to see there is always room to acquire more inks.:cheer2::rockon:

woosang
April 17th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Noodler's inks for me is as much about their label art than the inks inside. I have been tempted to order a large bottle of Noodler's just so I have the label art in a large size. I wish Noodler's would sell them labels as prints I would love to have some of 3 side wrap ones as wall art.

I would find it hard to choose which print I would want. I adore the labels

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

ThriveToScribe
April 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I would find it hard to choose which print I would want. I adore the labels

Recently received a 4.5 oz Heart of Darkness (and free pen, with an extra, non-fountain pen point) and the label goes all the way around the tall, round bottle. Looks like a forest at Halloween. It's even in French: Au Coeur des Tenèbres. Named after the novel, I imagine.

jor412
April 18th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Holy crap - oops, can I say that here??? ;)That is more ink than Bertram's had on display!!!

That's more ink than I've ever seen in any one place :P I only have 14 inks and I'm trying to cut that down to just 10.

woosang
April 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Sorted my samples today 2044

peterpen53
April 19th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Seems like there is an unusual concentration of ink geeks in Australia!?

Sailor Kenshin
April 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM

Oooo, party!

plistumi
April 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Holy moly! That is impressive. 202 more to go and you can use one color per day. BTW, I love your blog.

woosang
April 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Seems like there is an unusual concentration of ink geeks in Australia!?

There is?

fountainpenkid
April 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Whoa! VERY nice variety there! I only have 18 inks including samples I think.

woosang
April 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Whoa! VERY nice variety there! I only have 18 inks including samples I think.

I'll send you some samples.. I'll talk off forum :) we must get you more inks

BikerBabe
April 24th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Hm, it sure seems like I've got some ink-catching-up to do. :D
Anyway, I got a nice wine box at a thrift shop today, it fits perfectly for my ink thingies. ;)

peterpen53
April 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Uhm...did you just get the box or...?

thagbert
April 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Hm, it sure seems like I've got some ink-catching-up to do. :D
Anyway, I got a nice wine box at a thrift shop today, it fits perfectly for my ink thingies. ;)

Nicely done!

Pingo5
May 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM
see, when i drool at the bday thread where the guy got all the iroshizuku inks, then i see this, its more like a waterfall. whatd i give to have a collection like that :hail:
am i the only one who cant help re inking your main pen every day with a new color? ive got like 6 inks the other day... well, 5 samples and a bottle... and as soon as that happened the one ink i had... lamy black... went out of rotation(itll find its way back in there eventually) and i put a new ink in every day...

GourmetPens
May 14th, 2013, 09:17 PM
If rolling around in your inks wouldn't break all your bottles and ruin them, I'd do it. I totally would.

GourmetPens
May 14th, 2013, 09:19 PM
see, when i drool at the bday thread where the guy got all the iroshizuku inks, then i see this, its more like a waterfall. whatd i give to have a collection like that :hail:
am i the only one who cant help re inking your main pen every day with a new color? ive got like 6 inks the other day... well, 5 samples and a bottle... and as soon as that happened the one ink i had... lamy black... went out of rotation(itll find its way back in there eventually) and i put a new ink in every day...

LOL I'm a girl. Plus that wasn't my entire inkventory ;) However, JustDaveyB wins hands down hehe, he totally beats me in the ink department!! Jealous....

Pingo5
May 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
lol sorry bout that, i didnt think. anyways, id give up my inkventory for yours any day lol.
justdaveyB....he makes me cry a little inside

Cake
May 15th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Impressive collection! I'm at 4 bottles of ink and 23 or so samples...must increase my bottle count. :-)

snedwos
May 17th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I have a little over 20 inks including samples. but I will cut it down to 2 (maybe 4) and samples come September, because I don't htink it's sensible to cross the Atlantic with glass ink bottles in my suitcase. That's what the Diamine plastic bottles are for.

Let's see:

Noodler's: Apache Sunset
Bad Belted Kingfisher

Waterman: Serenity Blue
Havana

R&K: Scabiosa

Pelikan Edelstein: Aventurine

J. Herbin: Vert Réséda

Diamine: Havasu Turquoise
Claret
Red Dragon
ASA Blue
Ochre
Eau de Nil
Merlot

Goulet Ink Drop: Staff Favorites Sept 2012 Although my El Lawrence and Liberty's Elysium are long gone :(
Cryptid inks Oct 2012
Autumn Leaves Nov 2012

anaximander
May 18th, 2013, 01:13 AM
DaveyB, you have a problem. A wonderful, wonderful problem.

Gulfcoast
May 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Wow. I have 4 bottles, 20 sample vials, and a few freebie cartridges, and I feel totally inadequate now. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hez
May 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Hi, Gulfcoast! Good to see another Mississippian here :)

Runnin_Ute
May 21st, 2013, 08:29 PM
I have a little over 20 inks including samples. but I will cut it down to 2 (maybe 4) and samples come September, because I don't htink it's sensible to cross the Atlantic with glass ink bottles in my suitcase. That's what the Diamine plastic bottles are for.

Let's see:

Noodler's: Apache Sunset
Bad Belted Kingfisher

Waterman: Serenity Blue
Havana

R&K: Scabiosa

Pelikan Edelstein: Aventurine

J. Herbin: Vert Réséda

Diamine: Havasu Turquoise
Claret
Red Dragon
ASA Blue
Ochre
Eau de Nil
Merlot

Goulet Ink Drop: Staff Favorites Sept 2012 Although my El Lawrence and Liberty's Elysium are long gone :(
Cryptid inks Oct 2012
Autumn Leaves Nov 2012

Ship them!!

Runnin_Ute
May 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Five bottles......

Levenger Raven Black
Pelikan 4001 Blue Black
Diamine Blue Black
Diamine Sherwood Green
Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

Samples.... (not including duplicates of above)
Monteverde Blue Black (haven't inked a pen with it yet)
Monteverde Brown
Diamine Classic Red
Sheaffer Skrip Red
Noodler's Walnut
tried some Sheaffer Blue Black

Have some dried out cartridges of Lamy Black and Waterman Black from way back when.

woosang
May 22nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
I have around 125 bottles and goodness knows how many samples want me to list them ;-)?? Daveb beats me hands down

benjitzu
December 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I am utterly speechless...YIKES that is AWESOME!!! I'm VERY new to FP and inks (I have 3 bottles - Noodler's Borealis Black, Noodler's Black, and Noodler's 54th Mass - and about a dozen or so samples) and can only DREAM of having this amount of variety and selection. AMAZING! I'm literally drooling! So looking forward to growing my collection. Putting in an order soon at Goulet's for 4 or 5 more bottles. Let the ink gathering begin :)

VertOlive
December 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Thinking this sort of stash should be standard procedure for disaster preparedness training...

kia
December 29th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I laid out my inks on my desk to take photos for a couple of fellow FP bloggers. I thought I would share. :)

3 different angles - 163 inks...

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks1_20130320_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks3_20130320_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/myinks2_20130320_tn.jpg

If I assembled all my inks in one place, I might rival you. Might. Maybe. All Noodler's, though.

You are my ink hero.

Cyber6
January 16th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Sorry I was looking for Coral Sea and Catalpa (Australian Exclusives) and ended up finding this thread... AWESOME Collection !!!!!

Would you mind sharing where to get Catalpa and Coral Sea? (I have friends in Australia)...

C.