PDA

View Full Version : New fpgeeks group - Nakaya!!

SIR
January 29th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Friends of Nakaya,
just because.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/group.php?groupid=9

:)

inkisdry
January 30th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Soon precious will be ours!

da vinci
January 30th, 2017, 03:53 PM
22 members and I am the only one who has posted? Have I mis-understood the purpose of the group? :)

Jon Szanto
January 30th, 2017, 04:00 PM
22 members and I am the only one who has posted? Have I mis-understood the purpose of the group? :)

Maybe someone could actually *explain* the rationale behind a group? Why not just post on the forum itself? It isn't like it is going to be so high-traffic as to bump off other postings.

You know, like the Sales forum...

Seriously, though: I got an invite, but I don't quite see the point or purpose. Illuminate me.

jar
January 30th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I clicked on join so the reminder would go away. I heard that there will be free Nakayas for the first ten members so wanted to get mine.

da vinci
January 30th, 2017, 10:28 PM

Maybe someone could actually *explain* the rationale behind a group? Why not just post on the forum itself? It isn't like it is going to be so high-traffic as to bump off other postings.

Seriously, though: I got an invite, but I don't quite see the point or purpose. Illuminate me.

"Just because"...to be honest I hadn't really given it much thought, so didn't see it as some kind of way of stopping forum traffic or information that would be of use to others. For me, I haven't joined a group before, I am interested in (amongst other things) Nakayas and assumed I would get to see and share stuff that would be of interest, so why not?

Jon Szanto
January 30th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Just so I am clearly understanding this: if one posts to the group, you only see the post if you actually go to the group pages/forum? Every time I come to FPG, my entry is through the "What's New" selection, so that I will always see a list of the new and updated threads. I would never see any of these group posts, and neither would other members or new people checking out the forums. Frankly, it seems like a pretty good way to limit the amount of interaction.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Marsilius
January 30th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Should I join even if I have never even held a Nakaya in my hand?

ethernautrix
January 31st, 2017, 02:28 AM
Y'all got an invitation?

jar
January 31st, 2017, 07:50 AM
Y'all got an invitation?

Yup! And I think I even got in for the free Nakaya of my choice.

ethernautrix
January 31st, 2017, 08:14 AM
I'm in!

When do we start dividing between Cigars and Writers? "No, clipless is better. The risk of rolling is worth the aesthetic superiority!" "Wrong! Clips are essential!"

Not suggesting we do that.

You know what, though? I wish I could fit a Pilot PO or Pilot Falcon SEF nib on one of my Piccolo Cigars. Yeah. Sigh.

jar
January 31st, 2017, 08:21 AM
I'm in!

When do we start dividing between Cigars and Writers? "No, clipless is better. The risk of rolling is worth the aesthetic superiority!" "Wrong! Clips are essential!"

Not suggesting we do that.

You know what, though? I wish I could fit a Pilot PO or Pilot Falcon SEF nib on one of my Piccolo Cigars. Yeah. Sigh.

A cigar is only a cigar but a Writer is a dream.

I got a fisherman piccolo. It was THIS LONG!

Is that a Naka-ai in your pants or are you just glad to see me?

SIR
January 31st, 2017, 02:10 PM
Anyone need an invitation or would like to recommend someone else, please pm me.

penwash
January 31st, 2017, 06:28 PM

"Just because"...to be honest I hadn't really given it much thought, so didn't see it as some kind of way of stopping forum traffic or information that would be of use to others. For me, I haven't joined a group before, I am interested in (amongst other things) Nakayas and assumed I would get to see and share stuff that would be of interest, so why not?

To me, a group would be useful if we are organizing something, an event or a project or a group buy, or whatever. I don't see any difference than a sub-forum otherwise.

inklord
February 1st, 2017, 04:11 AM
I got an invitation, and on impulse, I joined, because I love the "Nakaya aesthetic" if that can be summed up in just one expression. Then I left again, because it's highly unlikely that I'll ever own one, so what would I do in this group? :)

ethernautrix
February 1st, 2017, 05:09 AM
I joined for the fun. Wheee! Nakaya!

WmEdwards
February 2nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
I will post as soon as the mail comes today..................................:D:D:D

inkisdry
February 2nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
Soon precious will be ours!
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af203/72bpm/3_zpscp5d3div.jpg (http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/72bpm/media/3_zpscp5d3div.jpg.html)