PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Studio

Lady Onogaro
January 31st, 2017, 10:20 PM
Hi, Guys,

So I bought the brushed steel studio today at Papier Plume. I got it home and upcapped it, and I noticed that the pen did not seem to cap with a click as it did in the store. Then, when I uncapped it, out came the nib with the blind cap on it. I've tried re-inserting the blind cap and then recapping the pen, but each time I uncap the pen, the blind cap comes out, too. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to send it back to Lamy or to the store? I can't even tell what holds the blind cap in place; it looks like it's just fiction fit in there, but if it is, then it seems that it would eventually come out anyway. I'm kind of surprised by this.

inklord
February 1st, 2017, 03:54 AM
Sorry to hear that - assuming that with "blind cap" you mean the plastic cap insert inside the actual cap, I'd have that fixed by Lamy. This is clearly a warranty case, and you deserve immediate correction without having to fix it yourself. This happens with all sorts of pens, though (inner caps coming off), which is why a lot of people dread those cheap plastic inserts...

Lady Onogaro
February 1st, 2017, 08:03 AM
Hi, Inklord.

Yes, that's what I mean. The insert inside the cap. I'll send it to Lamy.

Denizzz
February 2nd, 2017, 10:55 PM
Hey, Lady! i would rather send it back to the place it was purchased from, they actually would have to offer you a quick replacement. Definitely a production flaw.