PDA

View Full Version : Mail delay in the U.S

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 02:53 AM
I did send some pens to America in december month that havenīt arrived yet, i did contact the danish postal service and they told me that there had been some delay due to a busy december month.

On their homepage i found the following message,

"U.S.A is still challenged by the large amounts of parcels and letters that U.S.A got from the Whole World in december.

It has brought on big delays of the mail to U.S.A, and also the mail from Denmark to U.S.A. Itīs expected that the delivery times will be normal Again pr. 1 february 2017."

Does anybody know if things are normal now, or are they still having problems?

Regards Per.

jar
February 1st, 2017, 03:57 AM
I haven't noticed any general slowdowns in delivery. We have had some short duration major weather issues but they were localized and generally caused a day, maybe two, in delays at that location.

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 04:38 AM
O.K thanks Jar.

KrazyIvan
February 1st, 2017, 09:38 AM
No unusual delays here.

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 10:20 AM
Fine thanks.

Hawk
February 1st, 2017, 10:21 AM
The only delays I have experienced is in Customs.

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
I have contacted the postal service, and they will try to figure out what happened to the goods.

jar
February 1st, 2017, 12:58 PM
I have contacted the postal service, and they will try to figure out what happened to the goods.

What does the tracking information show?

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 01:28 PM

It says that the package has reached the destination country, so itīs stuck in USA somewhere.

Hawk
February 1st, 2017, 01:58 PM

It says that the package has reached the destination country, so itīs stuck in USA somewhere.

I'ts probably in Customs somewhere. I don't know how to track it in there. Once it leaves there, tracking should pick up again.

farmdogfan
February 1st, 2017, 02:12 PM

I'ts probably in Customs somewhere. I don't know how to track it in there. Once it leaves there, tracking should pick up again.

Yes, that could be it, i hope it turns up.

Waski_the_Squirrel
February 1st, 2017, 06:36 PM
I'm an anecdote, but the only problem here has been local weather when the roads in the state were closed down. Everything has been arriving as promised.

FredRydr
February 1st, 2017, 08:19 PM
Enter your tracking number in both the origin and the destination countries' post office's websites. It surprises me sometimes what information becomes available. I was able to pin down the location in the Netherlands of an errant parcel by entering the US tracking number in the PostNL website. My snailmail letter to to PostNL's CEO enclosing printouts of the tracking information pried the parcel loose.

On the USPS website, be sure to click on the link for the detailed scan history.

Fred

farmdogfan
February 2nd, 2017, 01:10 AM
Enter your tracking number in both the origin and the destination countries' post office's websites. It surprises me sometimes what information becomes available. I was able to pin down the location in the Netherlands of an errant parcel by entering the US tracking number in the PostNL website. My snailmail letter to to PostNL's CEO enclosing printouts of the tracking information pried the parcel loose.

On the USPS website, be sure to click on the link for the detailed scan history.

Done that, and the track stops in Chicago at the 14 january.

Fred

Done that, and the track stops in Chicago at the 14 january.

farmdogfan
February 7th, 2017, 01:41 AM
Looks like the packages finally reached their destination.

KrazyIvan
February 7th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I have noticed that when you sign up for text notifications on the USPS tracking site, things start to move on packages that seem not to want to move anywhere.

farmdogfan
February 7th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I have noticed that when you sign up for text notifications on the USPS tracking site, things start to move on packages that seem not to want to move anywhere.

I didīt really do anything, apart from notifying the danish postal service about the delays, and they would try to find out what happened.