PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Responds to Pop Culture

Jerome Tarshis
February 1st, 2017, 10:36 AM
Well, Platinum pens can look pretty stately, and as a retirement job for some older pen workers, the manufacture of Nakaya pens can also convey a sense of Platinum's (and Japanese) cultural dignity.

Then again:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/01/30/red-comet-char-aznable-custom-fountain-pen-previewed-in-video

notsim
February 1st, 2017, 11:38 AM
Anyone else notice the round breather hole?

VertOlive
February 1st, 2017, 10:28 PM
Gosh. I wish some company would go pop with a Ragnar Lothbrock special edition Viking Pen. How the little piggies would squeal when the Old Boar writes!!

Robert
February 2nd, 2017, 04:55 PM
Gosh. I wish some company would go pop with a Ragnar Lothbrock special edition Viking Pen. How the little piggies would squeal when the Old Boar writes!!

Yes - - but too bad ol' Ragnar came to such an ignominious end a couple of episodes ago.

matteob
February 3rd, 2017, 12:20 PM
That is lovely I love my #3776 Bourgogne. Platinum make lovely pens. If that goes up for sale on j-subculture I will have one! I looks gorgeous.

Haefennasiel
February 28th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I wonder if this pen writes 3 times faster ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyril
December 2nd, 2017, 06:13 PM
Amezing collection of Platinums there! But where can we buy them? On this official cite they don't seem to sell any. I already have two Platnum pens, they are great writers.

amk
December 3rd, 2017, 02:45 AM
That's rather tasteful, actually; I was expecting something more like the Sailor Hello Kitty pen. Am I right in thinking it's basically a 3776 Century with a bit added?

I *do* like the fact that they've invested as much time in the nib as in the rest of the pen. That's attention to detail!