PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Pilot Custom 743 Waverley, Sailor 1911S fine, Platinum 3776 Century soft fine

ChadRiggsbee
February 5th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Hello all!

I have some pens that I was greatly enamored with at first, but now find myself not using too often and thought they might be good trades:

(1) Pilot Custom 743, 14kt Waverley nib (black finish with gold trim): The Waverley nib is basically a medium-fine with a slight "upturn." It is a very smooth writer, and a nice pen all-around, being the larger Pilot Custom 743 with the #15 size Pilot 14kt nib. However, the line width is similar to pens I already own and prefer overall, so this very nice pen with a fairly interesting nib is not getting as much use as it deserves.

(2) Sailor 1911 Standard, 14kt fine nib (blue finish with black finial and end cap, gold trim): Great writer, a bit undersized, but an excellent, solid, reliable pen. Again, there are just several pens ahead of it in my current rotation, so it is not seeing much use.

(3) Platinum 3776 Century, 14kt soft fine nib (Bourgogne finish with gold trim): Another great writer with a pretty cool nib, but I just don't reach for it very often. I have a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with a soft fine-medium nib that has taken this one's "spot," but it is still too nice of a pen to not be getting much use.

(4) Pilot Lucina, steel fine nib (black finish with gold trim): A smaller, flat-top pen with a classic design (looks somewhat like a small Parker Duofold, but with the Pilot "ball" clip). The pen is well made, and the nib is smooth with a pleasant amount of "springiness" for a non-flex steel nib. It is a cool little pen, but I almost never use it anymore.

Pens I want:

Pens for which I will trade multiple pens, pen(s) plus cash, etc.

- Pelikan m800 / m805, or m600 / m605 (800 preferred, but I also like the 600): I am looking for a blue, grey (Stresseman), or green striped model with a medium nib. I would also consider a fine nib on an m800 / m805

- Sailor Pro Gear / Pro Gear II Realo, or 1911 Realo: looking for either black with gold trim or burgundy with gold trim, with a fine-medium nib. I might also consider a fine or broad nib, and maybe even a medium nib (the medium would be a bit redundant as I already have one, but it is my favorite nib of all time)

- Aurora Optima or Aurora 88: I like all of the Auroraloid finishes on the Optima, and black and gold on the 88 looks great too. Any finish except for black and rhodium or clear, colorless demonstrators would be nice. I would like a medium nib, but would also consider a fine.

- Sailor Pro Gear II: black with gold trim, preferably with fine-medium nib but I may also consider a fine or broad here as well (and maybe a medium)

- Sailor Pro Gear or 1911 Large "Earth": again, a fine-medium nib is preferred but I might consider a broad or fine (and maybe medium)

- Montblanc 146: black or burgundy with gold trim, with either a fine or medium nib

Other pens I want (~1:1 pen trades, not as pricey as the ones above)

- Platinum President: Black or burgundy with gold trim, with either a fine, fine-medium, or medium nib

- Sailor Promendade (1:1 trade for either the 1911 S or the 3776 Century): Black and gold finish, or either the blue or red finish (just not black and rhodium). Looking for a fine-medium, medium, or broad nib

- Sailor 1911 Large: Any finish except for black and rhodium, or clear, colorless demonstrator. Again, prefer fine-medium nib, but may take a broad or fine

- Sailor Pro Gear Large: Any finish except for black and rhodium, or clear, colorless demonstrator. Again, prefer fine-medium nib, but may take a broad or fine

- Platinum 3776 Century: Any finish with a soft medium nib, preferably. I am told they exist, but I have had a pretty tough time locating one :-)

- Pelikan m400: Blue, green, or other striped finishes besides red (just acquired a red one and love it!). Medium nib. I would much prefer an m800 or m600 since I do not own one yet, but I would not completely rule out another m400.

Other trades and offers considered -- feel free to ask! Also, for the Pilot Lucina, I would take a 1:1 trade for a TWSBI Classic (any finish) with a fine or medium nib. Thanks very much, and take care!

Best,
Chad

ChadRiggsbee
February 11th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Bump!