PDA

View Full Version : The Dilli video review

earthdawn
March 25th, 2013, 07:38 PM
This weeks review is of the Dilli from Fountain Pen Revolution.

Nice pen at a great price....

http://youtu.be/fyTojNBUSf8

fountainpenkid
March 25th, 2013, 08:13 PM
ummm where is the video?

earthdawn
March 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM
ummm where is the video?

lol I fixed it... Sorry

fountainpenkid
March 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Well I watched it now...nice review! I am seriously un-attracted to the pen's design, but WHOA that was some serious flex!!! And what, for 4 bucks(the price of the flex nib alone I think)? Very, very nice!
Thanks for the review!

snedwos
March 26th, 2013, 07:47 AM
It's a worthy attempt at a Pelikan NN design, even if it doesn't quite make it...

fountainpenkid
March 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM
It's a worthy attempt at a Pelikan NN design, even if it doesn't quite make it...

Yes, but it is just a bit too mishapen in my opinion.

earthdawn
March 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Let me tell you ... from a writing standpoint its a great pen... Is the fit and finish perfect... no.

But man did I push that pen. I mean i rubbed the damn feed from pressing so hard. And I just thought of this now... I did not spring that nib at all. I did not smooth it or anything. It was right out of the box, fresh from India.

I did not measure the ink capacity but I will.. I know its not a lot for a piston filler but I got a couple pages out of it and still have ink in it.. and thats with flexing the crap out of it.

snedwos
March 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
It just seems like it wouldn't have been that hard to make the ink chamber bigger.

fountainpenkid
March 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
It just seems like it wouldn't have been that hard to make the ink chamber bigger.

I know... it doesn't make much sense at all...

magnesium68
March 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Well your video got me all excited, i ordered my black Dilli last weekend so i'm really happy to see your review .Flex is the best !

snedwos
March 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I still want one...

Mr Brown, shootout between this and the Noodler's Nib Creaper?

fountainpenkid
March 27th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I still want one...

Mr Brown, shootout between this and the Noodler's Nib Creaper?

That would be an intersting one for sure. How 'bout the Dilli vs. the Ahab as well?

magnesium68
March 28th, 2013, 07:21 AM
A quadruple shootout would be nice ahab, creaper, namiki falcon and the dilli!

KrazyIvan
March 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Don't forget the Serwex MB.

miatapaul
March 30th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Very nice I won 8 serwex pens from him and love them. I think I will order a pen from him. Does anyone have experience with the inks he sells? Mainly concerned with feathering and luke shading.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2