PDA

View Full Version : What Pelikan Edelstein ink colors do you buy most frequently

Denizzz
February 8th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Hey Guys, i wonder what are most popular colors of Pelikan Edelstein these days.

Got the chance to try out the Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, love the colour, thought i would ask which colors of Edelstein do you buy more frequently.

Thanks!

Pukka-J
February 8th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys, i wonder what are most popular colors of Pelikan Edelstein these days.

Got the chance to try out the Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, love the colour, thought i would ask which colors of Edelstein do you buy more frequently.

Thanks!

For me definitely Aquamarine, with Amethyst second. I'm looking forward to this years color though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sgtstretch
February 8th, 2017, 10:08 AM
I've only bought two Edelstein inks, Amethyst and Aquamarine. I do want to pick up Topaz at some point, and maybe Adventurine, but not high on my list.

fountainpenkid
February 8th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Mandarin and Amethyst are excellent. I really love the slight taupe sheen Amethyst has with a wet nib on Tomoe river.

naimitsu
February 8th, 2017, 12:53 PM
I love Garnet, but it's discontinued. Fortunately, I snagged 2 bottles of it before they completely disappeared!
Second fav is definitely Topaz. So much character!

Denizzz
February 8th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much for you opinion Guys! I really appreciate that!

KKay
February 8th, 2017, 11:11 PM
I only have Jade at the current time. I would like Topaz in the future at least.

FredRydr
February 9th, 2017, 06:26 AM
I've never bought Edelstein ink. How is it distinguished from Pelikan labeled ink?

Fred

fountainpenkid
February 9th, 2017, 03:39 PM
I've never bought Edelstein ink. How is it distinguished from Pelikan labeled ink?

Fred
The bottle. ;)
I'm not sure if there are any differences in property, but the Edelstein colors tend to be a bit more vibrant/ darker.

VertOlive
February 9th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Waiting for this year's Smoky Quartz. The Topaz is also nice.

Denizzz
February 15th, 2017, 05:26 AM
Totally agree, i think quartz would be great color for ink. Can't wait to try it out.

ppmiranda
February 20th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Topaz is probably the one I buy more often. The ones I currently have more bottles are amethyst and turmaline, tho.

ppmiranda
February 20th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Forgot to add that I'm just waiting for the first reviews to decide if I'll buy smoky quartz or not. I have mixed fillings about brown inks.

WmEdwards
February 20th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Tanzanite, hands down.

Pukka-J
March 22nd, 2017, 08:37 AM
Not a full review, but the Smokey Quartz is an amazing color and I'm very glad I bought it!

A dark brown with a hint of gray, there's something very luxurious about it. Not your ordinary chocolate brown.
Like the other Edelsteins it behaves very well: not at all dry, well lubed and a great flow.

I doubt you will be disapointed with this ink! I will certainly buy two more bottles.