PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Calligraphy Targa, Prelude, Semi-flex Skyline, 51 Special, Al-star

mmd
February 9th, 2017, 10:44 AM
I'm trying to fund my birthday purchase by selling a group of pens which are rarely used. They are all interesting pens which write nicely and I hope someone else could enjoy them more frequently than I am. All prices include shipping in USCON and currently I don't consider international shipping because they are all relatively inexpensive pens. Of course, I will accept reasonable offer and if you are interested in buying more than one pen, I can combine the shipping (~$3) and give a small discount. So the prices are for one pen shipped USCON and you can take $5 off for every other ones.

Here's a picture of all of them and you can find more detailed pictures below.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30005&d=1486659343

1. Sheaffer Calligraphy Targa, stainless steel, factory fine italic nib, near mint
The factory italic nib is very smooth and is one of the best performing italic nib I've ever used. IMO, it's even better than the Masuyama CI nib. It's smoother and has a larger sweet point. Don't get fooled by the "fine" and it's only western fine on the horizontal strokes. Please refer to the writing sample for line variations, etc. It's too broad for my daily writing and I decide to keep the Pocket 66 with medium Masuyama CI. I bought it in NOS condition, never carried, and filled for only once so I consider it to be near mint condition. Converter included. Asking $55 shipped USCON. SOLD

2. Sheaffer Prelude, glossy copper finish, broad(? double broad?) nib, very good condition
Another Sheaffer for sale is a Prelude with copper finish. It has a smooth very very broad nib. Just look at the tipping and writing sample. It's at least a broad and is also too broad for my daily writing. The nib writes very wet, smoothly and because of the big tipping is good for nib grinding if you are interested in that. The pen is in very good condition with some wear on the cap band. Asking $20 shipped USCON SOLD

3. Eversharp Skyline, demi size dark green color, semiflex nib, very good restored condition
The third one is a demi-sized Skyline with a pleasing semiflex nib. The nib writes a fine line without pressure and have a lot of line variation with pressure. I consider it at the top of semiflex, not super flex, not wet noodle but very pleasing nib with great line variation. Please refer to the writing sample. It's in very good restored condition, cleaned, polished with a new sac. The trim is very good with small amount of brassing on the lever and the end of the clip. There is a small dent on the cap. A little small for me but I have no doubt that someone else will love it. Asking $50 shipped USCON. I know it's a little higher than the skylines you'll find in the wild on Ebay but it's restored and has a pleasing nib so I think the price is reasonable. PENDING

4. Parker 51 Special, grey, NOS condition
Next is a Parker 51 Special in NOS condition. The mirror finish cap is shiny, the sac is clear. I bought it in NOS condition, never ink it and only dipped in washable blue Quink for writing sample. The nib is what you'll expect from a 51 and the pen is ready to fill/write without the common flow issue caused by shrinkage of plastic. A great reliable pen. Asking $40 shipped USCON. SOLD

5. Lamy Al-star, black, EF nib
The least interesting one of the group. A Lamy Al-star with EF nib. The pen writes nicely and is what you can expect from a Lamy. Not butter smooth nib but suitable for most situations. I bought this new, inked it once with Noodler's black. Converter included and asking $25 shipped USCON.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you are interested in any of them.

KrazyIvan
February 9th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I'll take that Parker 51.

DavidtheGnome
February 9th, 2017, 11:09 AM
second on parker if KrazyIvan doesn't end up buying

mmd
February 9th, 2017, 12:02 PM
51 Special sold. Thanks for giving the pen a new home!

roguez
February 9th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I would like to purchase the Prelude please if it is not spoken for.

mmd
February 10th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Prelude is sold and I have also purchased the pen for my birthday, a factory stub LeMan 100 for much much less than what I was expecting. But I still want to find new homes for these pens and reduced the price of Targa to $55 shipped and Skyline to $50 shipped. Thanks.

David M
February 11th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Prelude is sold and I have also purchased the pen for my birthday, a factory stub LeMan 100 for much much less than what I was expecting. But I still want to find new homes for these pens and reduced the price of Targa to $55 shipped and Skyline to $50 shipped. Thanks.

Message sent on the Targa.

mmd
February 11th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Italic Targa is sold. Thanks for giving the pen a new home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mmd
February 13th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Skyline is pending payment and Alstar heading Ebay I guess. Thanks for giving the pens a new home.