PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Eau de Nil

Chrissy
February 10th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Today I’m reviewing Diamine Eau de Nil ink. The name means: 'Water of the Nile'

I’ve seen previous reviews for Eau de Nil, and decided to try it out. I’m pleased I did because I really like the colour. It’s like a blue with added grey that makes it into a blue teal that doesn’t lean very green.

It is not a very saturated ink, and it’s maybe a little drier than some other inks I’ve written with recently. However, it’s an excellent shader and I found no problems with the flow or lubrication. I would say it’s well behaved in the pens and on the paper that I used.

I saw no skips or hard starts, and it didn't dry out on the nib while I was doing swab tests.

This ink isn't sold as water resistant, but there was some water resistance when I did the water test.

I like the way it shades on most papers.

On the review sheet the M nib was used as standard and on the additional papers the original paper and ink titles were all done with the M nib. On the Clairefontaine Matris paper this meant that I left out the M nib for the different nib tests.

It exhibited good flow and I found it smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 120gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink took less than 10 seconds to dry.
No smear after dry.
This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it has some water resistance.
It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/listings.aspx?catid=14) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price.

writingrav
February 11th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Looks alot like Schubert, no?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Chrissy
February 11th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Looks alot like Schubert, no?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Similar but it's more blue. Schubert has more green in it. :)