PDA

View Full Version : Repair Info and Identification

JWiner
February 11th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Hi all, I just picked up these pens from my local antique mall for pennies on the dollar with the intention of fixing them, but, this is kind of my first foray into that, Could you help me identify them and give me any advice on how to get em' gushing again. The nibs on all three appear to not be sprung however the orange pen seems quite dis-aligned. Orange pen is a lever, green is a button, and the black one uses carts. I know the sac in the orange pen has gone, and I'm fairly certain the same is with the green although I cant seem to unscrew the body, it's pretty stuck. And when I try and depress the button I hear a cracking sound. :crazy_pilot: Image (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y456iaXivSazVkMzJlX0Z1VVk/view?usp=sharing)
Thanks all

Update: I greased the threads on the Scripto and filled the barrel with ink, writes really wet (I love it) just needs a little smoothing, not scratchy at all. Fantastic!

Update on that update: turns out there was a hole in the back of the barrel.

Farmboy
February 11th, 2017, 04:22 PM
The Scripto is a cartridge pen. You don't fill the barrel with ink.

JWiner
February 11th, 2017, 04:40 PM
The Scripto is a cartridge pen. You don't fill the barrel with ink.

I'm aware but I read somewhere that the carts are hard to find and you can easily convert them to eyedroppers. I just plugged the hole with some krazy glue and it works fine.