PDA

View Full Version : Vromans in Pasadena (and Rhodia Landscape Pads)

Marsilius
February 13th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Not sure if this is a shout out or a heads up or both, but:

I stopped in Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena, CA, and mentioned how much I wish I could buy a blank Rhodia web notebook in landscape format.
A nice lady there said, "I bet we could do that." Recently, I got a call that they had ordered them and saved me a few.

Now, I could order these online for cheaper than Brick and Mortar cost. I was impressed, however, because some of my favorite retailers were not been able to special order them. (One would only get them if I ordered 10 of them at once.) So, a shout out to Vroman's who has a happy camper customer.

Now a heads up: If you are in the neighborhood, Vroman's has some blank landscape web notebooks on sale. These are great for sketching, and also great because more of the paper lies flat. (You can get them cheaper online, but Vroman's is a cool bookstore stop to make.)

Marsilius
February 17th, 2017, 07:57 PM
And I stopped in Vroman's today in time to see a nice lady purchasing the last three in stock.

Marsilius
March 23rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
And since the books sold out, they ordered a passel more Webbie notebooks, including blank landscape format. If you are in the neighborhood, good stuff.

jasonf
April 5th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I've also had great experiences with Vroman's. We even hosted one of our meetups there, and they went out of their way to provide us a nice space and were super helpful.

Marsilius
April 5th, 2017, 11:18 PM
I've also had great experiences with Vroman's. We even hosted one of our meetups there, and they went out of their way to provide us a nice space and were super helpful.

Yep. They have earned my loyalty a number of times.

lomogeek
June 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
I'm planning on spending a day in Pasadena this month and Vromans is on my list of places to visit. I look forward to checking them out.