PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Omas Galileo Galilei LE F nib

MCWB
February 18th, 2017, 05:13 PM
For sale: Omas Galileo Galilei LE F nib.

This is the original, not the recent reissue. It is made from the famous 'wild' celluloid and sports a silver cap band and gold trim rings. I am selling the pen only, no box or papers.

This is a great pen, but I find it a bit small for my large hands and the nib is a bit too fine for my current preferences (I tend to like broad+ nibs). If you like fine nibs though, this one is really nice, beautifully wet and smooth (see the writing sample on Rhodia 5 mm dot pad).

Full disclosure: this pen has two cosmetic issues, neither of which affect the operation of the pen (see the photos for detail). Firstly the white celluloid in the section is somewhat discoloured (not entirely uncommon in used pens, and invisible when the pen is closed). Secondly there is a small hole at the end of the piston knob. It was like this when I purchased the pen (from a pretty reputable seller who didn't mention it); it took me a fair while to actually notice it as it's in the black part of the celluloid. Accordingly, it is probably reasonably easy to repair if you wanted to, but it never bothered me enough to do so.

Given the cosmetic issues, I'm asking US$450 by PayPal including insured postage worldwide. If you're in Australia I will happily accept direct bank deposit in AUD and I will include free postage of your choice (Express or Registered).

I should also say that I am interested for trades (or partial trades) for other pens. I'm interested in large/oversize pens, preferably with B/BB/stub/italic nibs, but feel free to surprise me. :)

MCWB
February 24th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Price reduced!