PDA

View Full Version : My Hand Went West

Paddler
February 20th, 2017, 09:26 AM
I haven't been writing anything for the past couple of months. I got sidetracked designing and building a new crystal radio and let the story writing slide for a while. This weekend I lifted a pen and some India ink to catch up on some journal entries and found to my horror that my hand is gone! My ascenders all have kinks in them. The "w"s have turned into omegas. The spacing is alternately stretched and bunched. Heights are uneven. Looks like I will have to start from scratch (so to speak) and spend time doing penmanship exercises. What a revoltin' development!

Marsilius
February 20th, 2017, 07:01 PM
"All beginnings are difficult."
You'll push through.

ainterne
February 22nd, 2017, 10:44 PM
I was really active on here until last year when my heat stopped for 6 mins. I was revived and taken into hospital for 3 weeks just reviving. When I tried to write it was like I had never written, my hand was shaking all the time, I could not hold the pen, it was auful. Bit by bit, just practicing a few words a day to start etc.... then over 4 months it started to come back. It does take time, and it's easy to justify not writing, but you keep at it... then after a year I am back to normal..... the secret is, if you know you like writing, even when you feel no linterest, keep going....and you will get there and it will all be as it was before. Keep going...

Marsilius
February 22nd, 2017, 11:08 PM
I was really active on here until last year when my heat stopped for 6 mins. I was revived and taken into hospital for 3 weeks just reviving. When I tried to write it was like I had never written, my hand was shaking all the time, I could not hold the pen, it was auful. Bit by bit, just practicing a few words a day to start etc.... then over 4 months it started to come back. It does take time, and it's easy to justify not writing, but you keep at it... then after a year I am back to normal..... the secret is, if you know you like writing, even when you feel no linterest, keep going....and you will get there and it will all be as it was before. Keep going...

Ok, I can't complain about anything now for at least a day. I hope you continue to be well and healthy.

Paddler
February 23rd, 2017, 06:19 AM

Wow! I guess I should quit complaining. Figured I was coming down with "old timer's disease" or something. I am going to start pen practice right now.