PDA

View Full Version : Meisterstuck 144

Silverbreeze
February 23rd, 2017, 06:19 AM
I have a Meisterstuck 144 converter question

Are they unique or standard international

Might be getting my hands on a pen from the local version of thrift/pawn shop

It may be real it may be fake

I don't have access to a Montblanc converter but am willing to buy an official one if they are not standard

The nib worked well on a dip for me so even if fake I may get it.

I have noticed that almost all counterfeit pens of other brands use stanard international converter milling. So asking cause I am willing to haggle down to under 50 if such a simple test would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jar
February 23rd, 2017, 06:21 AM
Just a standard international cartridge or converter. Newer ones would use the threaded converters, older models the push fit.

Silverbreeze
February 23rd, 2017, 06:27 AM
Just a standard international cartridge or converter. Newer ones would use the threaded converters, older models the push fit.

Ok so treat it like a pen of unknown origin and if I get it at a price I am comfortable with put a Goulet converter in it

Thanks Jar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pajaro
February 23rd, 2017, 05:31 PM
If the 144 has plastic section threads, the push converter is correct. If the section threads are metal, it takes a threaded converter that screws in. Years ago I tried what was said to be a standard international converter in my oldest pen that has black section threads. It didn't work for some reason, which I have forgotten. I have spares of the original MB converter, clear plastic. The screw-in converter has bronze tinted plastic. I have no idea if the international converter will work on the pens with metal section threads.