PDA

View Full Version : Stipula Novecento and Etruria Alter Ego

Northern Gentleman
February 26th, 2017, 09:38 AM
I've been admiring both of these pens for quite a while and am thinking of finally taking the plunge and acquiring one. And one it will have to be, given the price of the pens. The trouble is, I can't decide which one should be the first. Reviews on both seem to be quite positive and I like the look of the pens (I really like the woodgrain Novecento, and the silver trim on both pens). I'm wondering if anyone has any additional advice or comments that might help me make the choice. I don't see sale postings for either pen on FPG too often, and only occasionally on FPN. Then there's always eBay.

Babangita
April 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
You have at least one of each on Ebay right now. And the prices seam acceptable as well.
You may also try to advertise on the Italian group on fb (penne stilografiche il mercato).
I purchased some pens there and I also met for a coffee with the admin once while on a business trip to Italy.
However, it is mainly a decision on style how I see it. Big torpedo style vs nice ol' flattop.
I have several of each. Both are from the same producer, with similar if not identical nibs.
I really love both, but I find myself using more often the 900 in red/brown wood grain although I also have an Etruria in the same material.
But it all may just be another of my flattop phases...