PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Sailor Naginata Togi Medium Fine + two inexpensive Targas

mhosea
February 26th, 2017, 08:44 PM
My plan is to reduce my collection to about 24 pens. I'm at 28 26 now, and I don't think I'm going to move any of my expensive Targas here. So I thought about it and decided I could let my Sailor Naginata Togi Medium-Fine in 1911 Demonstrator go, as I rarely use it. Maybe a couple of inexpensive Targas might also sell. These Targas have been my users lately, but I can switch to using my sterling silver ones. Why not? :)

Domestic sales only on these, please.

1. Sailor Naginata Togi Medium Fine nib in a large 1911 demonstrator pen. Comes with converter, clamshell, and papers. Excellent condition. Since this is my last Sailor, I'm including 8 Sailor Blue cartridges, 6 Sailor Red cartridges (they should have called it "sunset" as it's a bright orange kind of red, not a what I usually think of a just "red"), and 4 Sailor Sei Boku cartridges. Note that this pen is a fairly wet writer when writing in the normal position (dryer on the reverse, obviously) SOLD

2. Sheaffer Targa Imperial Brass fountain pen. Medium 14K nib. Body is in great condition except for a tiny chip in the lacquer (pictured). The clutch ring on the grip section shows plating wear. Includes squeeze converter with a PVC sac from Woodbin, so you can use whatever ink floats your boat and also see how much ink is left. Also includes 5 pre-Slovenia Sheaffer Blue cartridges and 5 pre-Slovenia Peacock Blue cartridges. You will need to add water when using them, as they are about 60% evaporated. The pen is a great writer. Smooth wet medium. As I said, has been one of my users. SOLD

3. Sheaffer Targa Matte Black fountain pen. Medium 14K nib. Not as "matte" as it was back in its day, but the coat is only chipped at the corners at the ends. Plating is good. This was one of those eBay deals that wasn't such a deal in the sense that the section was cracked in a few places adjacent to the clutch ring. I solvent-welded it and made it a good user. As with the other, includes a squeeze converter with a reproduction Parker 51 PVC sac installed. Also includes the same cartridge assortment. $32 shipped. Probably you could sell the squeeze converter melt the nib for scrap gold and cover that.