PDA

View Full Version : Low cost pens with Bock #6 nib assembly

fpdr
February 26th, 2017, 08:44 PM
I have a #6 Titanium Bock nib. What are some low cost pens that can support that nib?

Marsilius
February 26th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Ooh, I have one that I like.
I think the new Conklin pens can all fit that.
The Delta serena and unica can, too. These may not be so low cost.
I think the Noodlers Ahab can, too.
You can get some used Bexleys, that have nice nibs, but also can work nicely with your titanium nib.
And my favorite idea would be, if you can find a Recife Crystal on eBay for around 40 or 50, they work very nicely with a bock nib, and hold a lot of ink, and are nice pens to hold.
Other will have great ideas, but these are things I have tried.

ambimom
February 27th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Jinhao 450; Ranga Ebonite Duofold.

mmd
February 27th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Ranga is kind of expensive if you want the CC version. Conklin Duragraph is a good choice. You can also find various Bexley for ~$50 and all sort of Levengers for $30~$40. Those are all well made, durable pens and hopefully you can find a finish you like.

ambimom
February 27th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Ranga is kind of expensive if you want the CC version. Conklin Duragraph is a good choice. You can also find various Bexley for ~$50 and all sort of Levengers for $30~$40. Those are all well made, durable pens and hopefully you can find a finish you like.

I paid $30 for my Ebonite Ranga Duofold Model 3 (eyedropper model) and replaced the nib. I added a Goulet #6, ($20) which is either a Bock or Jowo, I can't remember now which. Total cost was $50. I think I may have bought a pot of silicone grease too for a few dollars because it is an eyedropper, but if you have a TWSBI, you can use the grease that comes with it. The fun thing is Ranga encloses two free eyedropper pens with the Duofold.

I've got a lot of pens but this was my first ebonite pen and I never knew anything could feel so luxurious.

Marsilius
February 27th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure Goulet nibs are Jowo. Rangas sound cool. My Conklin is a Durograph.