PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Nakaya Naka-ai portable in Aka-tamenuri 0.5mm oblique

zaddick
February 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I have a few new urushi pens coming in so I am willing to put this Nakaya Naka-ai portable (no clip) with a broad nib that was modified to a 0.5MM left-foot oblique Medium. The shape really shows off the urushi on this pen and the nib provides some line variation, unlike most modern oblique nibs. Of course the work was does by Mottishaw at Classic Pens as this shape is exclusive to their shop.

The pen is used, but is still in great shape as urushi is a tough finish. The pen comes with the outer paper box, the wooden box, kimono, and converter, but no platinum cartridges. I have included a writing sample. No issues to report with the pen.

To order this pen today you would pay $705 plus shipping and maybe tax. How about 25% off? That makes the pen $530 shipped to you in the US. Questions welcomed. PM me for more info or to buy the pen.

mrincon
February 27th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I don't think the writing sample is showing up :D

zaddick
February 27th, 2017, 02:09 PM
I sure as heck did not. Need to pay more attention. Thanks for pointing this out.

It should be up there now.

mrincon
February 27th, 2017, 03:04 PM
No problem! Beautiful pen btw

BayesianPrior
February 27th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Completely incidental to your sale - but would you mind sharing what ink that is?

zaddick
February 27th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Yes, happy to help. It is th Urushi red from Franklin Christoph. The ink is a bit dry, but a nice complimentary color.

nachum
February 27th, 2017, 06:51 PM
i'm lucky this one is a cigar. otherwise i might have to buy it!