PDA

View Full Version : 45 GT Flighter / DeLuxe. Clip Loose. Help/Advice.

jarc
March 3rd, 2017, 07:00 AM
Have just received a 45 Flighter DeLuxe that I had purchased and have found that the Arrow Clip is loose and flopping around. It is still attached to the cap.

From a drawing I have identified that the G/Plated jewel/tassie is threaded and that the clip has a circular fixing under the jewel. I suspect that it is possible that this circular part may in fact be broken.

In an attempt to see if I can repair the clip I have tried to unscrew the top jewel but cannot make it move. Can anyone offer advice on how this jewel can be loosened so as to unscrew. I find it very small to actually get any grip on and have tried using a piece of flexible rubber as a grip and so as not to mark/damage the jewel.

Many thanks, Regards.

pajaro
March 3rd, 2017, 10:01 AM
Put the eraser end of a pencil, using a pencil with a mostly intact eraser, into the cap to hold the one end while holding a piece of something rubbery, like one of the rubbery pads used to open difficult jars, against the jewel and unscrewing.

jarc
March 3rd, 2017, 01:24 PM
I have tried that and cannot get enough grip on the jewel to actually make any movement at all.
Regards

pajaro
March 3rd, 2017, 05:43 PM
I have tried that and cannot get enough grip on the jewel to actually make any movement at all.
Regards

I have the same problem with a 51 ballpoint: I can't get the jewel to unscrew. I think mine is cross-threaded. I would send the 51 ballpoint off, but I think most of the repairers won't work on ballpoints. I even have a tool somebody made that has a rubber thick pad to push hard on the jewel while unscrewing. This method has worked on 51 fountain pens to unscrew the cap jewel or screw it on tight.