PDA

View Full Version : Never a dull moment...

caribbean_skye
April 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I know we all experience things in our day to day lives that make it not so boring or mundane. Some are pen/ink related and others aren't. At times they make you want to scream and yell in frustration and other times you just have to shake your head and laugh.

So by now you may or may not have read about my nib doing a dive into the bottle of Noodlers ink (both nib and ink are fine). Well the fun doesn't end there. My friend stationed in Germany bought me some ink a few months ago (what brand/colours are a surprise, I just know that he bought some as he told me). Last month he finally got around to mailing it to me only for it to be returned with no reason given (mail to/from Australia was quicker). So last week he verified the address and send it again but this time paid for it to be tracked.

Package Origination: APO address in Germany. Destination address: Central Texas. Method of mail: USPS Priority mail

Thanks to the tracking details I know that my package reached Chicago, IL and from there it went to San Antonio, TX. The tracking information this morning shows that it was scanned in at Charleston, WV. For those of you outside of the US, WV is nowhere close to TX, not even a bordering state. A case has been opened with USPS and hopefully a call will be forthcoming by EOD tomorrow.

That's my latest "never a dull moment", have any you'd care to share?

Lesley/Skye

KrazyIvan
April 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I had that once. A very important shipment I was expecting from my brother was delayed. It was stuck in Midland, TX. My brother called and they (USPS) told him there was nothing they could do. We would have to wait 30 days and then file a claim. I guess the call prompted someone to look as it as it arrived at my doorstep the following day. It turned out to be a zip code error causing all the confusion.

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Eek!! At least you can track it this time. How frustrating for you!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2