PDA

View Full Version : Two great British pen men: Eric Wilson (pen repair) John Sorowka (nibs)

dandelion
June 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Eric Wilson (http://eckiethump.webs.com/) and John Sorowka have both done great jobs with pens/nibs. Both are reliable, very kind and serviceminded and thorough and a pleasure to deal with. You find John (Oxonian) at FPN and Eric at the above mentioned web site. Both are extraordinary helpful. My warmest, unaffiliated, recommendations! Oh, and both have very reasonable prices and turnaround times.

dandelion
June 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Just want to add that I received another pen that Eric Wilson has repaired (MB from the 1950's in need of new piston cork) and that he did an excellent work and that he is real good at communicating and always enclose a note where he writes what work he has done. Outstanding. Actually the best pen repairer I have encountered so far. He doesn't do nibs (he can adjust flow and smooth and align, but he doesn't do "serious" nib work) but if one wants a nib work done at the same time as a repair, he can pass on the pen to John Sorowka (who also excels in nib repair and is a pure pleasure to deal with) and thus spare the customer time and shipping costs.

nikjem
August 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Eric, The pastel demonstration of the tiger is great...makes me want to try pastels my self. I know I've said it before but I really admire your work. You are truly a gifted artist.

Oblique and Inky
September 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Many of my pens have had the pleasure of Eric's skill and experience, getting them into shape for years of writing to come. John's nib work has added soul to pens, turning them from 'nice' to effortless.

Both are wealths of information, knowledge and dedication to making things work.