PDA

View Full Version : Waterman 0552 (Smooth).

PaulS
March 19th, 2017, 10:57 AM
fairly sure that's what this one is. With ninety per cent of the clip missing, one noticeable ding and a few very small ones - it was understandably cheap - something I bought last year some time possibly because it was glitzy, but I love these old pens and would never pass one by - so much history. This is an old model as probably most people here will know, and goes back to somewhere in the mid 1920s, and so glad I did buy as it has a great flex No. 2 nib from Waterman New York - perhaps later nibs generally being sold on the European market were mostly firm. The body doesn't say whether it's rolled or plated, so unsure.
This nib will tramline if taken to extremes, but will just about make a 2 mm line if pushed, although you wouldn't think so just looking at the point.
My question is ... since presumably not possible to find a period clip, should the pen be left as is - or how about filing off the remnants of the clip and fitting an accommodation clip.

FredRydr
March 20th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Clips are around. Sending you a PM.

Fred

PaulS
March 20th, 2017, 12:55 PM
thanks Fred.

Stickler
July 5th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Send me a PM on clips!!

FredRydr
July 8th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Send me a PM on clips!!
Contact Bob Novak. He sells at the eastern USA shows, and perhaps further afield. He has had some amazing stuff over the years, but he also seems to have those riveted Waterman's clips. His website is: nycpens.com (http://www.nycpens.com/main_page.html) On eBay, he trades as: nycpens (http://stores.ebay.com/vakpen/).

Fred

Pen Tom
July 27th, 2017, 04:38 PM
The pre 1930s Watermans are my favorite pen. The writing looks very nice. Nice flex. If it were mine, I guess I'd get a new clip installed, but I like your idea of removing the remainder of the clip and using an accomidation clip

Pen Tom
August 30th, 2017, 11:08 AM
This is my favorite era for Watermans. If it were mine, I would get a clip put onto the pen. It looks good and would help to value