PDA

View Full Version : Pix fountain pen

RocketRyan
March 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Anyone​ else wish montblanc would make a fountain pen in their pix (formally cruise I think) line i really like the coral and blue rollerballs. Or is it just me.

FredRydr
March 19th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Since Dunhill and then Richemont took over Montblanc, the corporate strategy is to sell "Montblanc" as a brand associated with luxury goods. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richemont It is unlikely that Montblanc will produce inexpensive (or even simply less expensive) pens, since by doing so would impugn the luxury reputation that Richemont cultivates. Montblanc is not Pelikan that sells primarily office and school products, therefore offering many inexpensive pen models in addition to the up-market pens.

Fred

RocketRyan
March 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Shame really, would probably do their image in the community some good.
I really like the look of the model, just don't want to spend £180 on a rollerball.

luckduck369
April 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I guess since the PIX line resembles some of the 2-digit pens from the 70's and 80's. You might want to look into those. And you can find quite flexible nibs on some if you care. The price is beyond reasonable as well.

RocketRyan
April 28th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I do quite like the double digit models, however they always seem to be in the USA which brings the dreaded import tax, or if they do seem to be in the uk, they rarely are better than user grade. Maybe I need to learn to love the chase.

Pterodactylus
April 28th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I do quite like the double digit models, however they always seem to be in the USA which brings the dreaded import tax, or if they do seem to be in the uk, they rarely are better than user grade. Maybe I need to learn to love the chase.

Don't wait too long with your hunt, because in the near future you will have to pay import tax for everything which does not come from your little island. ;)

RocketRyan
April 28th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Don't wait too long with your hunt, because in the near future you will have to pay import tax for everything which does not come from your little island. ;)

Your not wrong, will go both ways though, so I doubt it will be too harsh.

Pterodactylus
April 28th, 2017, 01:45 PM

Maybe, but the smaller ones always suffer more, in this case a 50 Mio market versus a 460 Mio people market.
We will see......

RocketRyan
April 28th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Maybe, but the smaller ones always suffer more, in this case a 50 Mio market versus a 460 Mio people market.
We will see......

Inevitably