PDA

View Full Version : FPNibs.com - Brilliant Grinding

BayesianPrior
March 20th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I'd like to make the community aware (if they are not already) of the phenomenal job done by fpnibs.com grinding two nibs for me.

One was a stainless steel Pelikan M205 B ground to an arabic/hebraic (commonly known as an architect) nib, and the other was a Lamy Z50 with the same grind. Total cost for the nibs, regrinds, and shipping was about €40.

Yes, €40 for two custom ground nibs. Amazing.

Anyway, the nibs arrived today. My Lamy's are all at work so I'm not able to test the Z50, but I have been able to test the Pelikan in my M215. I couldn't be happier. My new favourite nib? Quite possibly!

And to satisfy my CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order), they even granted my special request to grind the Z50 from an Anfaenger (A) nib so that the designation on the nib would match the Arabic grind.

Can't recommend fpnibs.com highly enough!

Chrissy
March 20th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Thanks. Good to know. :)

Empty_of_Clouds
March 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM
I haven't ever had a nib that I owned ground by anyone, but I have bought in-house grinds from FPNibs and will echo everything in the OP.

kevmid
March 21st, 2017, 01:06 AM
I have an architect grind from FPNibs too, love it.

BayesianPrior
March 21st, 2017, 04:41 PM
I can now confirm that the Z50 is just as nice. The A nib had less tipping material than a B nib, so the cross-strokes are finer. Another wonderful writing experience.

I feel as though I ought to take a holiday to Malaga and bring all my pens along with me!

mmd
April 10th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I also have a very good experience with their retippin service. €45 for one retipping, hard to beat price and very good result. Even with the international shipping (~$10 forward + €22 return), this price is too good to be true compared to any other nib workers out there and the work is done super fast (in my case, 2 days after they received the nib). The retipped nib is in perfect shape with some pleasing feedback.