PDA

View Full Version : Messages that only Tapatalk reveals

FredRydr
March 23rd, 2017, 04:50 PM
I use Tapatalk infrequently. Today I get an emailed notice that someone quoted me in a thread (in a different forum than FPGeeks) while using my mobile phone, so I access Tapatalk and there I also see a private message that someone sent to me three days ago in FPGeeks. But I received notice of the message from neither the forum nor Tapatalk. Furthermore, that message does not appear in the FPGeeks forum as I search for it here in my computer's browser. It's as though only Tapatalk can see private messages, and even then, once I access it in Tapatalk, it's no longer accessible.

I'm at a loss.

(To Mike who sent the message: I cannot see your message anymore and I don't recall your FPGeek ID. However, I did note your snail mail address and you'll hear from me in genuine ink and paper.)

Fred

Chrissy
March 23rd, 2017, 05:00 PM
Today, I have been getting these messages that someone has quoted my FPG post in Tapatalk. I also rarely use it. In fact I'm not sure if I ever managed to update it.

KrazyIvan
March 23rd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Odd, what I have noticed is that I used to be able to read the Tapatalk emails and see what the message or post said. Now I just get quotation marks and blank, white space. It was nice to get the quote email because it notified me of any follow ups I need to do.

Lady Onogaro
March 23rd, 2017, 06:03 PM
I got one of those emails that Ivan mentioned, with the quotation marks but no content.

stonerman33
March 27th, 2017, 09:17 AM
What it likely is is the Tapatalk chat feature. Tapatalk has it built in so that you can essentially instant message with someone if you want instead of private messaging via the forum. I've never used it myself, but I have noticed it when trying to send a PM to a member as it sometimes defaults to the Tapatalk chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonerman33
March 27th, 2017, 09:20 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/54542e4cf68ee58bad379a5452589029.jpg

If I tap send message here, I would assume I'm sending a PM, but here is the next screen...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/2cb8113757629b35a8cacec0f7579de0.jpg

If you want to send a forum PM, you have to click the link at the top to switch.

I sent the message to OP so that you might find where the chat section is hidden on the app and maybe find Mike's message, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredRydr
March 27th, 2017, 03:21 PM
I'll have to study this....

Fred