PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Waterman 0552 Gold-filled Overlay - Skyline Full Flex Nib Restored

akafridi3
March 23rd, 2017, 06:06 PM
Waterman 0552 Fountain Pen
Gold-filled Overlay - Basketweave pattern
From what I researched this is the 0552 model, full sized, at 5 & 1/4 inches.

Pen is in great condition for its age, the overlay looks spectacular with no dents. No chips, cracks, or major scratches. The ebonite on the end of the barrel has slightly oxidized but still looks black rather than brown. Very minor brassing on the ball on the clip and on lever, but since it is gold-filled im sure it can be polished, but I am not an expert in polishing pens.

14k gold Eversharp Skyline Nib - fine to medium point, full flex nib, very nice line variation from F-BB/BBB with light pressure, Feed keeps up very nice with flex and providing good ink supply. See writing sample.

Lever filler restored with new sac. Pen sucks up ink as it should. Pen is ready for use.

Imprint hard to read:
1.The end of the barrel has imprint of the number, I can only see 05 and the other two numbers are very faint and hard for me to read.
2. Another faint imprint on the bottom of barrel reads "Waterman's Pats off USA"
Pen is engraved in the gold overlay with the name: "Oren F. Fraser"

See pictures for more details.

I've seen this pen go from $400-$700+ from various websites and sellers

Asking $219
$5 shipping
USPS Priority Mail w/ Tracking with additional insurance so pen reaches you safely.
Paypal, CONUS

Message me if interested
Thanks,
Asif