PDA

View Full Version : Help with identification

erpe
April 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Hi fellow geeks,

I hope someone can help me. I received this Pelikan in a box with unknown pens and I can't seem to find any info on it. From the general design I would put it somewhere in early 70's, maybe in the Pelikano/Silvexa neighborhood. I am not really interested in the value, if any, since I intend to use it. The nib contains only the logo, is very smooth and maybe just slightly more flexible than concrete. There is no filling system but an international cartridge seems to fit.
Does anybody have any info on it?

whych
April 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Like you said, it looks like one of the later Pelikanos. International cartridges will fit.
If you soak the nib, you should be able to pull the nib out (Put the nib on a firm surface and use a plastic ruler on the tipping side to pull it). The size of nib is hidden inside the section)

erpe
May 1st, 2013, 03:37 AM
thanks for the info. There are many Pelikans out there that are hard to find info on. I also received a suggestion that this might be a Steno. Anyway, I loaded a Schneider brown international cartridge and it writes as new :)

whych
May 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
I think the lack of info is because no body really collects the modern Pelikanos. The info stops around 197X and they cncentrate on the higher end pens.
Most of those Pelikano nibs do write well, unless the nib was bent.
The Steno model had STENO written on the clip, although you can get a steno nib and put it into the pen. The only way to discover the nib size is by pulling it, but make sure you have soaked it to get all the old ink out first.
Nib will pull out similar to a Lamy Safari.
As school pens go, they write as well as any of their other pens, but without the extras. Nib is a bit hard, but that is because it is designed to take a battering.
It's cheaper to either refill your cartridges witha syringe or to buy a converter.
Look on ebay.de for converters for Pelikans. They are cheaper there.