PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Evergreen

Chrissy
March 27th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Today I’m reviewing a sample of Diamine Evergreen

It’s an unusual dark green. When you write with it or swab it, it looks like a dark petrol blue, but then it dries very quickly to a dark green.
I found it had good flow and lubrication while I was writing with it. I didn’t see any spread or feathering, nor any woolly line with the Pelikan F nib. With the Lamy M nib it looks much darker, more like what you would imagine Evergreen to look like.

When I tested it on the selection of papers, it looks darker on them all than it actually came out when scanned. When I took a photo it just looked black. So I taped all of the papers down and scanned it instead.

Evergreen looks quite well saturated, especially with my M nib. It exhibited plenty of attractive shading with the F nib in the Pelikan Go! pen.

I found it behaved very well, and I like it. I didn’t experience any clogging or clean-up problems with it. In fact clean-up was very easy. It washes off hands with soap and water.

It’s a lot darker than Pelikan Dark Green, and is almost as dark as Diamine Green/Black, but is more noticeably green, and not as grey.

This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it shows a little water resistance.
Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 100gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink dried very quickly with the F nib, but took longer to dry when I used my Lamy M nib.
No smear after dry.
It exhibited good flow and I found it smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/listings.aspx?catid=14) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price.

RocketRyan
March 27th, 2017, 09:13 AM
I'm a fan of this ink, in truth I'm a fan of all the diamine inks i have used so far.

Chrissy
March 27th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Me too. :)

RocketRyan
March 27th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Do you have a recommendation for a blue ink with sheen?

KKay
March 27th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Thank you Chrissy. It looks like a very nice ink to me.

Chrissy
March 27th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Do you have a recommendation for a blue ink with sheen?
I would do a search for 'blue inks with sheen' or 'blue inks with red sheen'. Also look at the Goulet top 10 sheening inks Here (http://blog.gouletpens.com/2015/09/brians-top-10-sheening-inks.html)
Diamine Majestic Blue is known for having a wonderful red sheen and so is Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, but there are others.

RocketRyan
March 28th, 2017, 02:40 AM
I will look them up, many thanks.

Runnin_Ute
March 29th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Ryan
Blackstone Sydney Harbour Blue and Barrier Reef Blue both have a great sheen.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

RocketRyan
March 29th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Ryan

I hadn't even heard of Blackstone inks, i will look them up. Thanks

southpaw52
March 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Chrissy, once again a great ink review. One can not go wrong using Diamin ink.

Runnin_Ute
March 29th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Ryan

I hadn't even heard of Blackstone inks, i will look them up. Thanks
Anderson Pens carries them

antoniop
June 19th, 2017, 04:04 AM
Thank you for the review!! It is very nice and elegant color.

Chrissy
June 19th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Thank you for the review!! It is very nice and elegant color.
You're welcome, and yes it is. :)

RocketRyan
June 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Looking back over some old writing yesterday and this ink gets even nicer with age.

Chrissy
June 19th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Looking back over some old writing yesterday and this ink gets even nicer with age.
Thanks. That's good to know. :)