PDA

View Full Version : GNYPIG's 2nd Meetup - May 6th

sgtstretch
April 1st, 2017, 04:10 PM
After a fantastic inaugural meet up in February, we've scheduled the second meet up for NY's newest pen group.

WHERE: Waterville Public Library, Waterville, NY
WHEN: May 6th, 11am-3pm
BRING: Pens, ink, paper and an appetite! Mary, from the From the Pen Cup blog, has graciously agreed to provide pizza for lunch. We'll have drinks and snacks as well.

This is also a special event, thanks to the fantastic crew at Kenro Pens, we'll also have the new Montegrappa GoT pens, and Aurora's new 88 with a flex nib to pass around and check out.

We'd love to see you there, for more details, check us out (http://gnypig.club).

sgtstretch
April 28th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Our meet up is only a week away, hope to see you there!

welch
April 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM
From NYC: good luck, GNYPIG!

FredRydr
May 1st, 2017, 08:09 AM
sgtstretch,

This sign is over in Herkimer at the intersection of NY5 and NY28, just up the road from your meeting site. A check of Google Streetview just now indicates the sign is now painted over and the realty is/was for sale. I'm curious if any local pen collector ever made vintage pen buys from this shop. When I was nearby for a few days, I could see it was jammed full of "stuff," but it was constantly locked. Try as I might, I could not find the owner of the business.

Fred

Jon Szanto
May 1st, 2017, 10:59 AM
I'm on the other coast and so can't make the meeting, but I just wanted to thank you for one of the best acronyms I've seen in a long time!

FredRydr
May 1st, 2017, 12:21 PM
...one of the best acronyms I've seen in a long time!
You're thinking guinea pig?

Fred

Jon Szanto
May 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM
...one of the best acronyms I've seen in a long time!
You're thinking guinea pig?

Fred

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxla6IFGc1rkq0elo1_500.gif

sgtstretch
May 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM
@FredRydr I'll have to ask Mary about that place, she's local to me too, maybe she knows more about it. I don't know of any collectors in the area aside from her and the few people at work that I've introduced to fountain pens.

@jonszanto That is exactly what we were going for!

earthdawn
May 1st, 2017, 09:25 PM
Can't wait to see the pics from the meet.

The site looks great by the way! :applause: