PDA

View Full Version : Edison Menlo Pump Filler in Translucent Blue Acrylic

heymatthew
April 1st, 2017, 06:20 PM
SOLD!!!

Hello all,
For sale is a once-inked Edison Menlo Pump Filler in translucent blue acrylic. I ordered this directly from Edison, but I just don't like the Menlo so I'm looking to sell this one to go with a different model.

This pen is made from translucent blue acrylic throughout but with a clear grip section. It uses the pump-filler mechanism and something that sets this pen apart is that it lacks the metal cap band, which was a custom option.

The nib is a nicely-tuned fine steel nib, but I'd be glad to swap in a ruthenium-plated 14k medium nib for an extra $40. But if you buy at asking price, I'll include the gold nib for free.

This pen is in near-mint condition with no discernible signs of use that I can find. I have inked it twice with Iroshizuku inks (didn't write with it a lot, but did try a couple different inks). The original box/paperwork is included.

I'm asking $300 shipped anywhere in the US OBO. If you buy at asking price, I'll include the gold nib at no additional cost! The only trade I'd be interested in would be for a Franklin Christoph Model 45 in some translucent material (Cherry, Amber, Clear, Antique Glass, Green, Purple, etc.) and, of course, some cash from you to even things up.

Please PM or email with questions or offers. Photos below are of the actual pen, taken by me. I can send high resolution photos via email if you want to look at them in greater detail.

Thanks,
Matthew

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2858/32939699224_98cbd94dcb_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2875/32939699184_f408ac9e1b_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2813/33741820116_5190efc1db_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3857/33741820026_d681c152ba_b.jpg

Vespagirl
April 1st, 2017, 07:35 PM
Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heraclitus682
April 1st, 2017, 09:11 PM
That's one of the nicer Menlos I've seen.

heymatthew
April 2nd, 2017, 05:14 AM

Thanks! I agree. I'm just not a fan of this model, I guess. It's a neat pen through. If it didn't sell, I wouldn't be totally devastated. Haha!

But I would like to sell it to put the funds towards another purchase so y'all feel free to make an offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jacoby190
April 2nd, 2017, 06:50 AM

Thanks! I agree. I'm just not a fan of this model, I guess. It's a neat pen through. If it didn't sell, I wouldn't be totally devastated. Haha!

But I would like to sell it to put the funds towards another purchase so y'all feel free to make an offer!

What exactly about the style don't you like? I've been thinking about a Menlo or a while, but have put my funds towards other models and brands instead. I like the look of the Menlo enough, but was always concerned with this being a smaller pen for me. I have small and large pans but really do like the feel of something the size of a Homo Sapiens. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heymatthew
April 2nd, 2017, 07:23 AM

What exactly about the style don't you like? I've been thinking about a Menlo or a while, but have put my funds towards other models and brands instead. I like the look of the Menlo enough, but was always concerned with this being a smaller pen for me. I have small and large pans but really do like the feel of something the size of a Homo Sapiens. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know how big a Homo Sapiens is, but I found the section of the Menlo to be just a tad too short for me. I tend to like longer sections on pens and in hindsight I should have customized the section size when I ordered the pen, but didn't think about it because I wasn't sure how it was sized to begin with.

Otherwise, I really like the pen a lot!!! It's a great size unposted for me but also posts nicely if you like a bit longer pen.

myers18purdue
April 2nd, 2017, 07:35 AM
Messaged you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heymatthew
April 2nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
SOLD!