PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Nakaya Neo Standard in Aka-tamenuri with 14k Medium Soft Nib

mcmck
April 4th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I'm selling a two-day old Nakaya Neo Standard in aka-tamenuri. This pen was inked only once. I have allergies, and from time to time, I can react to the urushi. Usually, this problem does not manifest itself, as the effect wears off over time. However, if the pen is new--that is, was not stored on a shelf for a long time--I willl have a reaction. Alas, this has happened here. So I have two options: wait five or six months for the residue to dissipate. Or sell it. I find that cleaning the pen with warm soapy water does not help me. So I've decided to list it. What makes this pen better than others is that Nakaya has just started to do the threads in aka as well. Up until now, the threads on this finish and the kuro finish were black. I always wondered why they didn't do the threads in the same finish as the pen, as is the case with every other finish. This pen comes with all original materials, including box and kimono (not pictured). CONUS And PayPal only. I'm asking $575 shipped. Price is firm. I really love this pen, and would never consider selling it if not for the reaction I'm having. If it doesn't sell, I'll just store it for half a year and it will be ready to go. Thanks!

mcmck
April 4th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I have decided to offer it up for $575. Thanks!

mrincon
April 4th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your allergy. It is a beautiful pen and probably well worth the aging process - it's like a fine wine/whiskey!

mcmck
April 4th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Withdrawn