PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, its great to be amongst my kind again!

amaranzano
April 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Angelo Bedolla-Maranzano. It's been along time since I have been involved with a fountain pen community. I was one of the first members of the ever popular FPN, wow 2004 or so was when I first joined. Wow, long time... any how, its been a long time since I looked at my pens seriously, I began to clean them about a month ago and now I'm feeling like talking about them again. I have had to teach myself to write since I lost use of my hand in a bad accident about 7 years ago. Had to work hard to get the handwriting back to at least legible status. Working on getting it to the way it used to be. Enough sadness, seeing whats new in the pen world. Finding more places online to read and learn makes me very happy.

Well stats, that's right:
I live in San Antonio TX
Grew up in Chicago
Married have 6 children
Been writing with fountain pens since I was 9. Now I'm 41
I have repaired hundreds of pens and grounded that many nibs too. Will start that up soon again I hope.
Learned the trade from Joe Dinora, who was best friends with Frank Dubiel, Joe gave me a copy of Da Book signed by the late Frank himself.
I am just eager to see what I have missed in the last few years. Happy to be here and happy to find a home where I can contribute learn and find a place to get away from the loudness of life.

Once again, happy to be amongst my kind!

-Angelo

gwgtaylor
April 10th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Great that you've joined us! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on many topics. Sorry to read of your accident but happy you are recovering your writing and getting back into the hobby. All the best!

Gerald from Toronto

Tracy Lee
April 10th, 2013, 09:44 PM
So very glad you are here! I look forward to learning from you as well. :-) I am not surprised that the pens are part of your healing process. They bring peace and joy, so hurray!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
April 10th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Hello Amaranzano and welcome to the FPG forum.

KrazyIvan
April 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM
A very Sith welcome to you. (That's a good thing) :D

southpaw52
April 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Angleo, greetings and welcome to Geekdom

manoeuver
April 11th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Welcome!

caribbean_skye
April 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Welcome welcome.

amaranzano
April 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the warm Welcome Folks! Love the site, reading and making myself feel at home. Southpaw52, are you the same Southpaw I knew at FPN? If so, nice to see you again, if not glad to make your acquaintance. Been trying to rally a Pen Club in San Antonio, pens seem a bit unpopular here. Well, I am glad I have here people to talk pen with any time all the time! on another note: What happened to FPN? No pun, have not been there in a while..

Again, thanx for the greeting and time to start contributing!

woosang
April 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Welcome!! Learning to write again? That's amazing! Hard work for sure.
You will love it here :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

writingrav
April 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Great to have you back in Geekland.

cedargirl
April 12th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Hi Angelo
I'm glad you are able to get back into FPs again.
You certainly learnt from the masters.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

caleath
April 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM
He Angelo...welcome to the club...we might have to call this Texas fp geeks before long. North East Texas here.

Barbara
April 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Welcome!

fountainpenkid
April 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome!

Greg Minuskin
April 13th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Greetings Angelo!

Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really fun, and if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

amaranzano
April 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Once again thanx for the kind welcome. Feels good to be here amongst you. Feels like fpn back in its infancy. Now from what I can attest to is that it is a rebellious teenager. Oh well. I met great people there I am sure I'm going to make lots more friends here.

hmabells
April 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
:welcome:

Welcome back to the universe of pens :)

tiffanyhenschel
April 23rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome from Dallas!

jor412
April 26th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Welcome :)