PDA

View Full Version : About the Ranga Pen Company? Any good?

amaranzano
April 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I remember seen them awhile back on FPN, they had great reviews, I believe they sport the Wality nib for a while, (I think). Trying to build a collection again, Trying to stay away from the Thoroughbreds, trying to stay under the $100 mark per pen for a while. So I guess the question is: "How is the quality, they look pretty nice, ebonite for a fraction of a Dani Trio is a bit of a strain for me to conceive. Any info would be appreciated!

TY

KrazyIvan
April 11th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I can't say from personal experience but I have always heard good things about them. Have you seen their eBay store?

nagod
April 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM
ive got a couple.nice pens for the price.mine write well and came with extra nibs.

amaranzano
April 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Cool!!! I love the black pattern on them! They look like candy!

Woodnut
November 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I purchased my first Ranga - a Duofold Model 3 - through the Ebay seller site "rangahandmadepens." The service was superb; the pen (Ebonite: green with black swirls) is superb, and the pen is a dream: it's light in my hand, and it fits my large hand very nicely. (And included in the package I receive, there was the extra nib and feed, plus the section was already greased to prevent leakage.) Best of all was making contact with MP Kandan, the representative for Ranga. He is courteous, attentive, and answered all of my queries expeditiously (given that India is half a world away from New York). Attached to one of his e-mails was a .zip file of Ranga's catalog of Guider and Ratnam pens, which they also sell. Do I speak too highly of Ranga? No, because it is impossible to do so. My Duofold is on track to be come my EDC pen. I encourage you to give them a try.

earthdawn
November 11th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I got a great dip pen from them. It was EXTREMELY reasonable as far as cost. It is ebonite, handmade, beautiful and while the nib is meh' i smoothed it out and it writes great for a hard fine nib. I use it to test my Ink Drop each month now.

Shipping was fast and they packed it really cool in a hard but simple box BUT they literally stitched a cloth around it. Weirdest packing I have seen yet but it was certainly cool... and safe!

stevekolt
November 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I got a great dip pen from them. It was EXTREMELY reasonable as far as cost. It is ebonite, handmade, beautiful and while the nib is meh' i smoothed it out and it writes great for a hard fine nib. I use it to test my Ink Drop each month now.

Shipping was fast and they packed it really cool in a hard but simple box BUT they literally stitched a cloth around it. Weirdest packing I have seen yet but it was certainly cool... and safe!

Just tried to order a dip pen for the same application, but didn't see any way to specify color or material :(

earthdawn
November 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM

Just tried to order a dip pen for the same application, but didn't see any way to specify color or material :(

I told them when i bought it what i wanted. It was made for me lol so when I chose the color it was not yet made. You can contact them through the ebay contact form. They are very quick to reply and easy to deal with.

Great great pen at a super price!